Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

pictures of custom speaker mounts

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 08:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default pictures of custom speaker mounts

im building some custom speaker mounts out of MDF and am trying to see what i need to cut them at to fit. Ive measured and got the basic shape but any pics of what you guys have already done would be awesome.

i really just need them to seal up that hole in the door for better SQ, ive already searched and came up with nothing.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:16 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RedRallyeZ
im building some custom speaker mounts out of MDF and am trying to see what i need to cut them at to fit. Ive measured and got the basic shape but any pics of what you guys have already done would be awesome.

i really just need them to seal up that hole in the door for better SQ, ive already searched and came up with nothing.
I simply modified the stock baskets for my door speakers and used dynamat on the entire front door shell, panel, etc.
Old 06-22-2009, 04:44 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My door buildouts...

Custom sub box...
Old 06-23-2009, 11:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by flak_monkey
I simply modified the stock baskets for my door speakers and used dynamat on the entire front door shell, panel, etc.
i would have done that as a temporary fix, but i dont have the original ones anymore, and i honestly dont know where they went
Old 06-23-2009, 11:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by The Project
Custom sub box...
i honestly cant laugh at that anymore, when you work in my industry, you see stupidity in electronics that other people can only fathom, i havent seen one in a bucket, but i have seen one with a bungeee cord strapped down to the floorboard, open air. "dont worry, its a sony, so it still sounds good"
Old 06-25-2009, 08:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

figured id put up the ones i made just incase anybody ever searches (hahaha) for this same topic.

new SPX-17REF

Old 06-25-2009, 08:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

in the car:

Old 06-25-2009, 09:26 PM
Mat
Launching!

Hey man, thanks for posting up pics of the ones you made up. It does make a difference to people looking to build similar things. In fact, I'm doing the same thing you are right now.

So this helps me out. Thanks again!
Old 06-25-2009, 09:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

fav fbody install ever. nice kid brought the car to me alredy had a system in it but it didnt work right. i got it working for him but he wanted to gut the system anyways. Had a real ghetto rear seat delete that didnt half way fit right, power wires were spliced together with tape. had a flipout screen with the brain box just laying on floor behind passenger seat. for rears it just had the mids from a component set barely screwed in, one of them was just one screw if i recall. the fronts didnt have crossovers hooked up just ran the woofers and tweets in parallel (there were no crossovers for the tweeters), best part is no factory speaker mount speaker was mounted straight to fiberglass panel with 2 screws shifter to one side and a piece of metal backstrapping to hold the other end from falling into door panel area.

All I ended up reusing was the 2 kicker amp, spent more time removing his mess then if the car was stock. New headunit, new coxaials front and back, mounted amps in spare tire well, and built a box for 2 10s in the bottom of the cubby.
Old 06-25-2009, 09:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mat
Hey man, thanks for posting up pics of the ones you made up. It does make a difference to people looking to build similar things. In fact, I'm doing the same thing you are right now.

So this helps me out. Thanks again!
no problem man, i searched first and really couldnt find anything about this particular topic. I may still have the dimensions i used somewhere, but i purposely made them a little too big all the way around so i could dremel them to the exact shape.

the only thing i would change about these was that i would make them out of a little thicker board next time. the 1/4" i used was all i had today and i need my car tomorrow. but the pieces i used will probably so the job fine, but a little peace of mind never hurt
Old 06-26-2009, 12:02 AM
TECH Resident

RedRallyeZ u using 10inch in door??
Old 06-27-2009, 10:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by tsench
RedRallyeZ u using 10inch in door??
no, those are just 6.5" comps in door, ive got the 10" in the stealthbox
Old 06-27-2009, 06:03 PM
TECH Fanatic