Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Sub volume fading in and out...

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 07:23 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Sub volume fading in and out...

Just got done putting a 10" Alpine Type E sub in my 99 Z28 this weekend. Running it off of a Kicker amp which gets its signal from the MTX re-Q5 LOC. I set up the sub/amp volume to my likings and for the first day or so it was fine. Then last night the sub was hitting like I wanted it to, then all of a sudden the sub started hitting really freakin hard. Which isn't really a bad thing I guess, but its not consistant and has me baffled. I like my boom, I just want it to stay at where I set it up. Anyone have any ideas as to why it would fade in and out? Do I need to get a higher rated alternator? Bad connection?

Better put this info in here: Stock head unit and all other speakers still running through the Monsoon amp. The Re-Q5 is pulling the signal before the Monsoon amp. Its pulling the signal from the sail panel speakers.
Old 07-21-2009, 03:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Speed-controlled volume?
Old 07-21-2009, 04:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i don't think it'll help but, i had a volume problem in one of my older setups and it ended up being a loose ground wire...
it getting more power than normal.....maybe a short somewhere? though i would think it wouldnt work at all with a short, or it'd blow a fuse or something....
Old 07-21-2009, 08:21 PM
Teching In

I have the SCV shut off because I find it really annoying. I'll have to start going through the connections and looking for something loose or not making good contact...Yay! ha ha.