Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Aftermarket HU HELP!?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 10:21 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Aftermarket HU HELP!?

I have a pioneer deh p311 HU but the speakers next to the rear seats are not working how can i tell if theyre blown or if my HU isnt giving out enough power
Old 07-28-2009, 01:56 PM
On The Tree

There's a pink wire on the factory radio harness.. It needs switched power to power up this little crossover thing.

Just hook the remote wire or any switched power to it.
Old 07-28-2009, 07:47 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

The pink wire is the power antenna control (Firebirds only). If you have a premium 10-speaker audio system then the amp powers the two sail panel speakers (beside the rear seat). The amp doesn't require a remote turn-on wire like most aftermarket amps - it uses signal sensing to activate.

Check the RADIO ACCY fuse in the dash fuse panel. That's the one that protects the amp.
Old 07-29-2009, 02:34 PM
On The Tree

I had the same problem in my car..

I don't have a factory amplifier or power antenna. The pink wire is still there and it goes to a module in the bottom of the right sail panel. It needs power for the sail panel speakers to play.

I would check both suggestions. Good luck.
Old 07-30-2009, 07:44 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

If you have the premium 10-speaker system (door mids and tweeters, sail panels, and hatch mids and tweeters) then you do have an amp - that "module" in the right side sail panel below the speaker next to the rear seat cushion is the factory amp. If you have the base speaker configuration (4 speakers - doors and sail panels only) then everything is powered of the head unit and there is no "module" in the sail panel.