Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Rate my setup pls.

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 09:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Rate my setup pls.

How do you think it will sound? Im new to car audio...

I will have 6.5 Infiniti Refrence speakers on the front and in the sail panel.

In the Hatch speakers i will have 5.25 Infiniti refrence speakers.

These speakers will be powered with a power accoustic amp.

For bass i will have a 10inch Alpine type S in a ported box that will be located in the trunk.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:09 PM
Teching In

pics?
Old 07-30-2009, 07:32 AM
Teching In

I like the infinity speakers i used them in a Ford Explorer I used to own. How many channels is the amp? Head unit? http://www.fquick.com/CPG21.WS6
Old 07-30-2009, 07:52 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like you just charged in there without researching anything.
Old 07-30-2009, 08:33 AM
Staging Lane

The infinity speakers in the doors and the sail sound good. I actually have infinity reference 6.5 in mine, they sound fantastic. Why do you want to have all 6 speakers going though? I only have 4 and a sub in my can and it sounds really good.

As for the sub, have you considered a stealthbox or a thunderform? Decent bass and its hidden, giving you full use of your trunk space.
Old 07-30-2009, 08:36 AM
Village Idiot

Nice speakers but it all depends on your Amp power... How many watts is your Accoustic Amp? It's pumping out 1000w it will bumb big time..
Old 07-30-2009, 12:39 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Shade
pics?
none yet.
Originally Posted by Mr. CPG Trans Am
I like the infinity speakers i used them in a Ford Explorer I used to own. How many channels is the amp? Head unit? http://www.fquick.com/CPG21.WS6
well im getting a 4 channel for the speakers. Power accoustik 840w max with 80w rms..will tune down to 65 probably. For the sub im getting a kenwood mono amp 600w max and 300w rms.
Originally Posted by dragonrage
Sounds like you just charged in there without researching anything.
Why do you say that? The only thing i would have done dif. is get different speakers..something a little more powerful. I had just originally wanted to kinda replace my speakers but things got a little carried away so im trying to keep it as cheap as i can.
Originally Posted by FullBlack4thGen
The infinity speakers in the doors and the sail sound good. I actually have infinity reference 6.5 in mine, they sound fantastic. Why do you want to have all 6 speakers going though? I only have 4 and a sub in my can and it sounds really good.

As for the sub, have you considered a stealthbox or a thunderform? Decent bass and its hidden, giving you full use of your trunk space.
well my friend had some 5.25's that he sold me real cheap so i had them put int he hatch. I didnt get a stealth because they are way too expensive for me.

Originally Posted by JIBBBY
Nice speakers but it all depends on your Amp power... How many watts is your Accoustic Amp? It's pumping out 1000w it will bumb big time..
its 840w
Old 07-31-2009, 04:03 PM
Staging Lane

just make sure everything is matched and tuned good
Old 07-31-2009, 07:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Theres no point in having 4 speakers behind you putting out the same sounds. I'd either put woofers in the sails to cover things not as low as the 10" will get or do nothing with the sails.
Old 08-01-2009, 03:57 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Flaring Afro
Theres no point in having 4 speakers behind you putting out the same sounds. I'd either put woofers in the sails to cover things not as low as the 10" will get or do nothing with the sails.
Well i wasnt sure on how to set up the sound...im thinking about making the fronts slightly louder and maybe add a little bass to the sails.

ANyone know if it would even be worth it to have the sails have some bass or all the base come from the sub? Would the speaker be able to pick up decent bass sounds?
Old 08-05-2009, 12:24 AM
Launching!

Did you get the Power Acoustik yet? If not do some looking around first. Power Acoustik LOVES to overrate their equipment and not have a very long life expectancy. There are alot of great 4ch out there depending on your budget. On a tighter budget look into a Kenwood 4ch like you are doing with your sub amp. Kickers zx350.4 is another great amp that wont break the bank. If you have the coin tho the JL slash series 300/4 is awesome. Im not a huge JL fan but those regulated Slash amps of theirs are just plain clean. MTX makes some good amps too. As well as Rockford as long as you stay on their Punch or Power series line. Another option would be going with a JBL amp which would match up your Harmon Kardon built Infinitys with a Harmon Kardon built amp.

Just throwing some other options out there. Other than the Power Acoustik it sounds like it will be a pretty decent setup to me.