Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

New stereo and speaker...

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 03:34 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New stereo and speaker...

I'm looking to replace the stereo and speakers. I already decided i don't want hatch speakers. I've been looking around and can't figure out the best way to go. I do not want anything extravagant. I don't listen to the music loud and I don't want it to be louder than anyone else's. I just want to replace to blown speakers and the 12-disc changer. All the speakers are blown, so I'm going to go with a whole new system. and I hate the 12-disc changer.

What are the best options. I dont want to spend more than 500 to purchase and install....lol. I'd rather put that money into the suspension.
Old 08-07-2009, 03:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So $500 for:
-Head unit
-front speakers
-Sail panel speakers?
-Install

I'm not against the idea of a budget install or anything, but... Well, let us know if you're looking for replacement sail panel speakers first. Also, are you going to get a decent install, or an install by a 16 year old at your local Worst Buy? I think you might only be able to afford the latter here.
Old 08-07-2009, 04:02 PM
Staging Lane

lol I'm going to replace the sail panel speakers too. I can do more than 500 but I want to keep it around that price. I don't want a fancy HU, just one that plays cd's....lol.
Old 08-08-2009, 05:31 PM
TECH Regular

Alpine 9874 mp3/cd ipod. 136
2 Alpine SPS600 6.5 speakers 69 a set. 138
Wiring harness, antenna adapter, and basic dash kit. 25
So for a radio and 4 of good quality you are at 299
I would suggest a sub and amp to give you some low end sound. For this i would do:
Alpine sws1023d 10 inch woofer. 69
Alpine MRPM500 mono block amp. 169
Planet Audio PAK8 8 gauge amp kit and rca's. 20
For a box i would go with a subthump stealth box, but if you dont want to spend the extra cash, or have no storage need[t-tops]you could do a regular box.
Subthump box-112 or regular box - 60.
So for the radio, 4 speakers, amp, sub, and subthump box 669
Or with a basic box - 617
And install it yourself, none of these components are hard and there are plenty of walk throughs, hell pm me and ill walk you through and provide as much help as u need. Either of these routes will def. get you great sound at a great price. Installing it yourself will only add to the value.
Old 08-09-2009, 02:51 PM
Teching In

I'm doing nearly the same thing, on nearly the same budget.
I'm still vague on the speakers I'm gonna use, but my sail panels and front speakers gotta go.
I've already ordered the head unit (JVC KD-A805), and the steering wheel controller adapter and iPod adapter to go with it.
Old 08-09-2009, 04:26 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by bmnicolosi
Alpine 9874 mp3/cd ipod. 136
2 Alpine SPS600 6.5 speakers 69 a set. 138
Wiring harness, antenna adapter, and basic dash kit. 25
So for a radio and 4 of good quality you are at 299
I would suggest a sub and amp to give you some low end sound. For this i would do:
Alpine sws1023d 10 inch woofer. 69
Alpine MRPM500 mono block amp. 169
Planet Audio PAK8 8 gauge amp kit and rca's. 20
For a box i would go with a subthump stealth box, but if you dont want to spend the extra cash, or have no storage need[t-tops]you could do a regular box.
Subthump box-112 or regular box - 60.
So for the radio, 4 speakers, amp, sub, and subthump box 669
Or with a basic box - 617
And install it yourself, none of these components are hard and there are plenty of walk throughs, hell pm me and ill walk you through and provide as much help as u need. Either of these routes will def. get you great sound at a great price. Installing it yourself will only add to the value.

Thanks for that. I was thinking about just installing it myself anyway. I'm pretty good at catching on to how to do things.
Old 08-09-2009, 08:34 PM
TECH Regular

No problem. If you spend the 670 bucks, you will not be disappointed at all.