Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

No Climate Control or Floor Console Lights?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 04:52 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Climate Control or Floor Console Lights?

I took my floor console out yesterday and took it apart to run some wiring. When I put it back together I noticed last night my climate and shifter lights werent working. I havent tried replacing the bulb but when i turn the parking lights on and check with a test light, every bulb is getting power...but not lighting. Is there some kind of relay between all the bulbs? If one is burnt out then none work?

Also I noticed I had a plug that didnt seem to be plug into anything. I checked the harness for power and the same color brown wire that goes to the shift plate was hot. Now im really confused? I dont remember unplugging it from anything yesterday is the weird thing. My guess is the car is wired for the TCS switch but my car isnt equipped with it. The Unplugged harness is located with the same wiring that goes to the cigarette lighter accessory.

I checked all my fuses and the all the bulbs look good except for the floor console. Did I install anything wrong? Am I right about the black plug going to the TCS Switch even if the car doesnt have it?
Old 08-29-2009, 08:18 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well if it matters to anybody, i went ahead and tested the bulbs. They were bad. I decided to do this since electrical current was flowing to them. I put replacement #73 bulbs in, #74's work too, and everything lit up fine. Just sucks all the bulbs had to blow out on me at once.

As for the plug and its hot source from the switch of the light, im guessing that its probably 99% the the TCS switch since it also has a light source feeding into it.

Hope this helps anybody if they do a search... i guess it can be ironic to blow 3 bulbs in one day after all....