Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

radio not working

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 11:26 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default radio not working

so i was putting my system back in my car after a road trip (put factory radio in) got everything hooked up and working subs were not as loud as usual. but anyways. it just stops lost power for sum reason idk. but not even the factory radio will work it has power running to it cause the clock and lights work the radio will not turn on and it doesnt say LOC like the owners man said so its not locked. idk if anyone has had this prob before or any ideas of wtf is going on with my radio. also ive swapped back to stock more than once and everything worked fine before so idk. im kinda stuck. thanks

oh also when i turn the key back to acc it dings twice and the seatbelt light flashes twice with the dings. idk never done it before

Last edited by matt01ws6; 08-31-2009 at 11:34 PM. Reason: casue
Old 05-15-2014, 10:19 PM
11 Second Club

Bump, I have these same symptoms now with my car. I was at the track last night and it happened there. It was working when I got there but after a few runs it no longer worked. Anyone have any insight on what this could be? All fuses are good and it chimes twice when I put the key to ACC.
Old 05-18-2014, 04:39 PM
11 Second Club

Bump again, it's really annoying not having a radio! Mine does the same thing with the key turned backwards as the OP, but I have nothing going to the radio, not even a clock. I do have an aftermarket head unit though. Has this happened to anyone else?
Old 05-19-2014, 07:47 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

Check your RADIO fuse (15A fuse #17). The system has two power circuits (well actually three is you count the illumination) - the PWR ACCY fuse provides constant power for the clock and memory as well as ejecting CDs while the RADIO fuse provides ignition switched power for everything else. A blown RADIO fuse would cause exactly the symptoms you describe... including the warning chimes because programming mode is initiated by removing that fuse.

Never rely on a visual inspection of a fuse (especially an old one) because it can be blown but look fine. Always use a tester or replace with a known good fuse.
Old 05-21-2014, 09:03 PM
11 Second Club

That was it, thank you for your reply! I didn't even notice the second fuse for the radio, works like a champ with that fixed. The chime really threw me off. Thanks again!

Quick Reply: radio not working