Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

? -- problems with Turn Signals

Old 12-10-2003, 01:34 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ??? - Problem with Turn Signals..

I have a problem with my left turn signals, they will not work when I activate them. I have replaced all the bulbs work and I still get nothing. The arking lights work when I use the switch but the left drl does not. The hazards work but turn does not. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by Steve1969LS1; 12-10-2003 at 03:28 PM.
Old 12-10-2003, 01:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Replace the flasher. I had this same problem about a month ago. The flasher only cost about 3 dollars. The flasher is underneath the steering column by where your knees go.
Old 12-10-2003, 02:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

i just got my car out of the shop for this.. They had to replace my terminals. 3rd time in a year.
Get some new terminals. Driving in the rain will cause this.
Old 12-10-2003, 03:31 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This might get more help in the electronics forum
Old 12-11-2003, 07:14 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by bigMAC
Replace the flasher. I had this same problem about a month ago. The flasher only cost about 3 dollars. The flasher is underneath the steering column by where your knees go.
If one side works but the other doesn't then it is NEVER the flasher. Both side turn signals run through the same flasher. The system is designed to stop flashing on the side that has a bulb not working. This doesn't mean that it's always a bulb (although that's the most common problem). It could be a corroded socket (especially on the front - they seem to get water in them pretty easily), a bad ground or a broken connection someplace. If you've already replaced the bulb then the next thing to do is have a good look at the socket. If the socket looks OK, use a meter or test light to check for power and ground at the bulb contacts and trace back from there.

Search this Thread