Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

sail panel speakers wont work!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 04:10 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sail panel speakers wont work!!

ok well the sail panel speakers wont work so i decided to pull the head unit which is an alpine ida x303. i notice that there were 2 orange wires not connected that came from the wiring harness and a blue and pink wire that werent connected that came from the head unit. the blue wire said remote on it and the pink said "int" are lose suppose to be connected for the sail panel speakers to work?? also what it the blue wire for that is on the stock harness that doesnt look like it connected to anything???
Old 06-15-2010, 04:10 PM
Staging Lane

also when i put the "stock" head unit back in the sail panel speakers work!
Old 06-15-2010, 07:33 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

The two orange wires (one with white stripe and one without) are for dimming the illumination when the headlights are on. The blue remote wire is for signalling an aftermarket amp to turn on (not required for Monsoon systems). The pink wire is actually labeled "ant" and is used to control the power antenna. None of them have anything to do with speakers.

If you have a Monsoon system then the problem isn't with the wiring because your other speakers are working. You only have four channels of output from the head unit and they must be working or you would have other dead speakers in the car. Since the sail panel subs work with the stock head unit, I would check for settings on the HU that might have turned off bass output.

If you have a base audio system then it's possible the rear speakers (your sail panel speakers) aren't connected properly.
Old 06-15-2010, 11:42 PM
Staging Lane

ok well i adjusted the setting and set the fade back a little and they barley work theres almost no bass coming from them i can just feel them vibrate a little...why could this be???