Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

I get a very high pitched sound from my speakers when I accelerate

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 02:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I get a very high pitched sound from my speakers when I accelerate

Anyone have any idea what this could be? I have an Alpine head unit with an Ipod connection and whenever I plug in my iphone it makes this high pitched sound when I accelerate from the passenger side rear speaker. On a CD it wont do it only with my iphone. I have used my friends ipod and it still does it so its not an iphone issue. Where do I start its very annoying.
Old 07-14-2010, 06:07 PM
Staging Lane

Bad Ground or grounds too close to engine.......or bad rca's....more details about system? amp? or amps? might need a simple noise silencer.
Old 07-14-2010, 07:41 PM
TECH Regular

Is it only when you accelerate or does it do it randomly?
Old 07-14-2010, 09:00 PM
TECH Regular

a knick in the ipod cable can pick up road noise that can translate into alternator whine. Check the cable.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you have your battery relocated to the back? If the batttery is put near the speakers or wiring, it will do this. Almost like a supercharger whine or something!
Old 07-14-2010, 11:14 PM
Staging Lane

What i did to eliminate this, right up front, install the biggest short wire from your batter to the wheel well, make sure the area below it is ground down to allow a good solid metal contact ( dont do too much past a washer if you prefer else itll look tacky ) The where your amps are, if your ground are behind carpet or whatever, just grind the crap out of the metal behind it as well.. Most the speaker whine is because people bold crap to the car, on a painted surface and just put frankly, its just not grounded good enough! Ohh.. and stop using wal-mart 6 gauge wire....
Old 07-15-2010, 07:17 AM
Teching In

I really couldn't tell you much about the system I just bought the car last week. It had all of this previously done to it. I figured out if I down shift the sound goes with the engine and at idle it stays constant. I'll check the battery and alternator for anything later. I KNOW the alternator is going because im getting that headlight and dash lights flickering action. Thanks guys I'll report back with anything.

Quick Reply: I get a very high pitched sound from my speakers when I accelerate