Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Help!

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 09:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!

So I just got home and when I opened my doors none of the inside lights turned on. Turned the map lights on/off, nothing. I then played with my remote and they still didn't turn on AND my car wouldn't unlock or lock with the remote. All the lights except my inside lights come on when using the remote to lock/unlock, the horn still honks when I hit the lock button and my hatch opens with the remote. So I played with the lock/unlock button inside the car and when I hit unlock it beeps 5 times. The power mirrors and windows work as well. What the hell is going on?? The car does start up and everything except my power locks/inside lights work. Blown fuse?
Old 09-03-2010, 09:40 PM
FormerVendor

What kind of car is it? If it is a F-Body look for a fuse labeled IP DIMMER, the hatch runs on a seperate fuse labeled PWR ACCY.
Old 09-03-2010, 09:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Its a 99 TA, I'll go look and check it out.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Not either of those fuses, anyone have any ideas?
Old 09-03-2010, 10:16 PM
FormerVendor

If it was only when you opened the door I might say bad switch but being as your map lights are effected as well everything points back to a fuse issue without it becoming a nasty issue that you really don't want. Have you tried swapping the fuse even though it looks ok? Sometimes they can burn out and be hard to tell.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

courtesy fuse blew and that blew the interior lights, unlock works now but lock doesn't