Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Fog Lights On Anytime

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 01:23 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fog Lights On Anytime

I was wondering if anyone has figured out a way to wire their foglights on an 02 Camaro SS so they can be turned on anytime? I want to be able to use them WITHOUT having to have the dash lights on. I am not the best when It comes to figuring out wiring diagrams so would it be possible for someone to try to read this wiring schematic and see if it can be done? I have taken 2 pics of the schematic. I really appreciate any and all help with this

Last edited by 02 CamaroSS; 09-09-2010 at 06:37 PM. Reason: Fixed Pic Order
Old 09-10-2010, 07:45 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

Several wiring changes are necessary to do that.

At the fog light relay in junction box 1 on the left fender under the hood:
- cut the brown wire, tape up the end that goes into the harness, connect the end going to the relay to a fused power supply (probably easiest to use battery power from the post on the junction box)
- cut the light green wire, tape up the end going into the harness, connect the end going to the relay to a good ground.

At the fog light switch in the dash:
- cut the brown wire, tape up the end going into the harness, connect the end going into the switch to a fused, ignition-switched power source (the best place is the spare IGN port in the fuse panel).
- cut the light green wire, tape up the end going into the harness, connect the end going into the switch to a good ground.

Now your fog lights can be turned on anytime the ignition is on without needing the other lights.
Old 09-10-2010, 08:40 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Whitebird. Did u do this or did u get what was needed from the schematic? Either way, I appreciate the help.