Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

cd changer issues-ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 03:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default cd changer issues-ideas?

I just bought a cd changer from someone here on the site with the idea of using it on an upcoming trip from where the car is at my sons army base in La back here to Az. he called to tell me that one of the mounting holes threads is stripped and the changer will not eject the cd cartridge.

I might be able to deal with the stripped threads, but the stuck changer is the big issue. Is there a simple fix for this or do I just return it and try to get another one asap before the trip next tues? You can hear the changer trying to eject the cartridge but a no go. ideas?
Old 09-09-2010, 04:54 PM
12 Second Club

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

My changer's cartridge gets stuck every now and then. The fix is to open the door, push on the cartride a few times and eventually it will eject the cartridge and then a couple of seconds later, it'll spit out the plastic "sleeve" as well as whatever CD was in it and then I just re-load it into the cartridge. Just play with the changer (once it's powered up of course) and see if it'll spit everything out. It is a PITA, but it's not uncommon.