Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Those with eD EU 700 or e3.6 in a camaro come forward

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 11:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Those with eD EU 700 or e3.6 in a camaro come forward

I thought about posting in the noob forum for my first post but whatever. This question may have been asked before and it may not have been. Anyway, I bought a pair of Elemental Designs e3.6 subs a few weeks ago and just got around to installing them earlier this evening and the bass sounded a little sloppy.. For those who have them, did you put the expanding foam stuff in the quarters to make it more like a "box" for the subs? The guy who built my spacers for me (which I now have to return to have re made because they are not quite wide enough) recommended I put some of that expanding foam in there (I can't remember what it is called for the life of me sorry) that you spray in and it expands, I am sure you know what I am talking about. The bass just seemed a little sloppy, maybe because the spacers were letting a small amount of air through, maybe I should put some of that foam stuff in there? Anyway, I apologize for the rambling but what are some of your guys' input on that. Thanks.
Old 09-13-2010, 10:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've a set of these little 6" subs for almost a year now, and they work very well, however, their enclosure must be sealed and they like LOTS of power. I'm on the third amp for them, an alpine 300watt, and they just keep sounding better.