Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Left Door Speakers don't work

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 10:24 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Left Door Speakers don't work

It used to just go in and out. It'd come back in when I rolled up the window half way. So I gave it to our friend who owns a shop and always helps me with the car and told them to open the door panel and check for any shorts or loose wires.

They said they found nothing unusual in there, the wires looked fine. I know for a fact that they did what I told them because I noticed the light in my electric window buttons finally came on and the door didn't make as much noise when I opened and closed it.

Now whatever I do with the window neither the tweeter nor the speaker on the bottom come on. I was gonna open up my head unit and check for any loose wires back there but I thought I'll ask you guys first before getting into that mess.
Old 09-25-2010, 08:56 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Switch the left and right speakers and then see what happens.
Old 09-27-2010, 05:59 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wssix99
Switch the left and right speakers and then see what happens.
What do you mean, like pull out the speakers from one side and put em on the other? cause I know for a fact the speakers aren't blown up...
Old 09-27-2010, 10:27 PM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

that would prove you have a wiring problem and that your friend looking in the door doesn't know what he's doing.