Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

how do i disable the factory alarms passive arming?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2010, 04:41 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how do i disable the factory alarms passive arming?

the factory alarm on my 2001 camaro SS will passively arm itself when i turn the motor off and get out of the car. this happens right away after i shut the door.

i have looked in my owners manual for a way to disable this alarm setting but of the 4 configuration options that the manual gives none of them gives you the option to turn the passive arming off? i just want to be able to turn my alarm on and off with the key fob at my discretion an not have my alarm "armed" for me if i forget to arm it with my key fob. i want to disable this electronic nanny that makes me want to blow my car up......

here is the info i find concernig this matter but again nowhere do i see the option for disabling passive arming?

DRIVER'S DOOR ALARM DELAY AND SHOCK SENSOR ENABLE

To change this setting...
1) Turn the parking lamps on and off
2) Count the chimes
3) Turn the parking lamps on and off until you hear the number of chimes you want

MODE 1 Zero Delay and Sensor Disabled (The alarm will sound immediately if the driver's door is opened with your key and the shock sensor will be disabled)
MODE 2 8 Second Delay and Shock Sensor Disabled (The alarm will sound 8 seconds after the driver's door is opened with your key and the shock sensor will be disabled)
MODE 3 Zero Delay and Shock Sensor Enabled (The alarm will sound immediately after the driver's door is opened with your key and the shock sensor will be active)
MODE 4 8 Second Delay and Shock Sensor Enabled (The alarm will sound 8 seconds after the driver's door is opened with your key and the shock sensor will be active)

LEAVING PROGRAM MODE

When programming is done, turn the ignition to OFF and replace the RADIO fuse.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

can somebody tell me is it possible to disable passive arming on 4th gen F-bodies and if so how do you do it?
Old 09-26-2010, 01:31 AM
Staging Lane

check this site

http://www.lastofthebreed.com/Servic...FbodyAlarm.htm
Old 09-26-2010, 11:54 AM
11 Second Club

^^^^^^

thank you!!!

i was looking in the wrong section. i see that i need to do the "theft deterrant arming method" and go for mode 1.

this site should make a sticky for the alarm deal......
Old 09-26-2010, 01:07 PM
On The Tree

If you use this to disable the factory theft deterrent and the in-line resistor trick to disable PASS-KEY II, is that all you need to do to be able to use an aftermarket remote-start system without the factory security interfering?

Quick Reply: how do i disable the factory alarms passive arming?