Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

one monsoon speaker $182.28 ?

Old 10-12-2010, 11:24 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default one monsoon speaker $182.28 ?

Holy crap, blown pass side speaker is 182 bucks, anyone repair their speaker with a foam kit ?
Old 10-12-2010, 11:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My god man don't waste your money replacing a stock crap speaker with another stock crap speaker.

$182, hell $100, can get you a great set of aftermarket component speakers to replace all your door speakers.
Old 10-12-2010, 12:36 PM
FormerVendor

You don't even need to spend that much. Our Stage 1 kit replaces all of your speakers with quality aftermarket speakers for only $219.99. For the Camaro these are a direct fit replacement for the stock speakers with the exception of the front tweeter. This will need to be mounted seperate which is extremely easy to do. Please let me know if you have any questions.
http://www.sparksai.com/product-p/fbodymonstg1.htm
Old 10-12-2010, 07:22 PM
On The Tree

ok thanks for your help.
I ordered some Alpine sps 600's. $55 a pair from Amazon.
Will change to bi amped and should be good to go.
Old 10-15-2010, 03:54 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

Link post fail
Old 10-18-2010, 03:25 PM
On The Tree

So I changed out just the passenger side speaker. Doesn't even come close to reproducing the bass the monsoon speaker does. I bi amped it and it sounds decent
but side to side regardless of volume the factory speaker sounds way deeper, richer and more full. I'm going to get a speaker foam repair kit and try to fix the factory speaker.
Thanks for your help
Old 10-18-2010, 05:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have all my monsoon speakers collecting dust, send me a pm, maybe we can work something out.
Old 10-18-2010, 10:57 PM
Teching In

Jim I hate to tell you but the factory monsoon speakers are garbage...compared to what you can get aftermarket anyways. Not sure about the compatibility but if you are using the monsoon setup you have to make sure you replace them with the correct speakers. If you read some threads on speaker replacement you will see that they use a specific "ohm" not common to most speakers. My 2 cents is to just replace the monsoon when you get the funds. Its well worth it if sound is important to you.
Old 10-18-2010, 11:17 PM
Launching!

Do you guys offer just the front speakers? I've already replaced the sail panels and they sound good (aside from constantly rattling loose) still gotta work on that. But I just need the fronts and from what I can find the same model in 4ohm only even on your site.

Thanks!
Old 10-19-2010, 12:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mrocz76
Not sure about the compatibility but if you are using the monsoon setup you have to make sure you replace them with the correct speakers. If you read some threads on speaker replacement you will see that they use a specific "ohm" not common to most speakers.
Not necessarily. The factory speakers are 2-ohm but an aftermarket 4-ohm speaker will work just fine, as nearly any aftermarket speaker will be much more efficient than the stock speakers and therefore you will have no loss of volume.

I have 4-ohm Polk component speakers in the doors of my Camaro and even with the stock HU and amp they sound awesome. With the T-tops off, windows down, cutout open, going 70 MPH on the highway I can hear them loud and clear with no distortion - a feat the factory speakers could never even come close to accomplishing. Hell the stock speakers couldn't even play my music at low volume properly.
Old 10-31-2010, 10:31 AM
TECH Resident

I'm interested in a package - but none of the packages include amplifiers - or speakers brands that I have heard of before..

I am not knocking anything being offered - I just don't recognize any of it.

Like I said I am looking - but I'd like a package with an amp..
Old 11-01-2010, 01:11 PM
Banned

I have speakers for the Camaro that work exactly with the stock mount, wiring, and configuration. These are mounted exactly like stock for the Camaro and wire up just like they were. You even reuse the stock connector from the stock speaker so that you plug into the stock harness.
These are the same ones I use in my standard and premium packages that have been tried and true over the past 3 years.
Old 11-02-2010, 02:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 857 Likes on 610 Posts

Originally Posted by Ghostintheshell
I'm interested in a package - but none of the packages include amplifiers - or speakers brands that I have heard of before..

X2 on that
Old 11-03-2010, 01:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Ghostintheshell

I do packages all the time with amps and install gear so you have everything. Problem is people want different amps for different needs. Some also have a brand preference. If you give me a budget and what type of system you want I do that stuff all the time. I just had a customer that ordered a sick CDT package with CDT HD front components, HD rear coaxials, the new CDT carbon fiber sub, stealth enclosure, JL Audio XD 700/5 (awesome amp...about the size of a sheet of paper and can run your whole system including the sub) and all the install gear for around $1000.00. High end gear with audiophile sound. The amp alone sells for $549.00 normally.
Old 11-03-2010, 03:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 857 Likes on 610 Posts

Originally Posted by KEE AUDIO
I do packages all the time with amps and install gear so you have everything. Problem is people want different amps for different needs. Some also have a brand preference. If you give me a budget and what type of system you want I do that stuff all the time. I just had a customer that ordered a sick CDT package with CDT HD front components, HD rear coaxials, the new CDT carbon fiber sub, stealth enclosure, JL Audio XD 700/5 (awesome amp...about the size of a sheet of paper and can run your whole system including the sub) and all the install gear for around $1000.00. High end gear with audiophile sound. The amp alone sells for $549.00 normally.
That sounds like something I would be interested in. I know nothing about audio stuff. Nothing.

Search this Thread