Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Question about my speakers!

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 01:54 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about my speakers!

Okay I have a 95 Firebird Formula 10 speaker premium package and I have 6.5 inch component Rockford Fosgate speakers on the doors and 4" in the rear hatch and im planning on getting the Bazooka sub for the sail panel speakers from keeaudio. What kind of 4 ch amp should I use to power the doors and the rear hatch speakers since my sail panels have the stock amp powering them. my budget is 200 dollars. Please help me find a good amp that gives my speakers more bass
Old 10-13-2010, 07:01 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Personally I would skip running the rear hatch speakers off your new amp. Run the doors and sails off the new amp and either leave the rear hatch alone or run them off the stock Monsoon amp. The rear hatch speakers are fill only, to amp them would be a waste as they really aren't even mounted very well in the plastic hatch covers. They are flimsy and will never make any real bass at all. Midrange and highs are the only thing you will really be able to get from there without vibration.
Focus your attention on the front doors and the sails, you'll be happier with that.
I have several amps that would fit the price point you are looking at and hit like you want.
Old 10-14-2010, 07:23 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

The system isn't a Monsoon but your advice is correct. Leave the hatch speakers running off HU power, leave the sail panels running off the OEM amp, and connect the door speakers to a decent 2-channel amp.

That will give you better sound overall but I doubt you'll get the bass output you're looking for. I expect you'll need to add a sub and amp to get any significant increase in bass.
Old 10-14-2010, 05:06 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Duh, 95...
I agree. For better bass output you could also run the amp in a 3-way mode using the front channel for the doors and the rear channel bridged for a 10" sub that would produce more bass then the Bazookas.
It would require a stealth box and sub though. This would be a good SQ type of setup.
The Bazookas would produce MUCH better then stock bass through an aftermarket amp but the above mentioned would be a better situation if your looking for more bass.
Old 10-16-2010, 02:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You guys gave me good idea. that 3way mode i can just run the woofers on the doors and get 2 10" subs in the trunk bridged together on 1 channel. and the HU can power my tweeters on the doors and my hatch speakers so my sail panels can still get the bass from the stock amp? sound good?