Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

With a monsoon system.. anyone mounted the rear speakers on top of the dash?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 08:09 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question With a monsoon system.. anyone mounted the rear speakers on top of the dash?

So this is what I am thinking for better sound: taking the trunk speakers and running them in the dash area.

I don't know if there would be clearance or if they would deteriorate fast due to sun exposure in this spot. let me know your thoughts.
Old 10-18-2010, 07:16 PM
On The Tree

Hypothetically speaking you could, but the rear speakers are components and so the mid rear speakers are the mids, and the far back speakers which are actually only like 4 iches big, they are the tweeters. And if you did relocate them it would throw your fader (front and rear) off as well as sound like ****. the tweeters are ideal i believe either closer than 2 inches, or 6-8 inches away to get the proper sound. Either way, not plausible because it would throw the fader off and sound would not sound uniform.
Old 10-18-2010, 10:46 PM
Teching In

Hey buddy, I would cank that idea. I wanted the same sound you are hoping for and I got it by mounting good quality tweeters in the door pillars, flush mounted. The difference was night and day. It brings all the highs right in your face...it def seems like less trouble than trying to put the trunk speakers in the dash. Im gonna try and put a pic of what i got.
Attached Thumbnails With a monsoon system.. anyone mounted the rear speakers on top of the dash?-tweeter-pic.jpg  
Old 10-18-2010, 10:50 PM
Teching In

I do have to mention I do not have a stock monsoon system, I went after market. It is the best way to go. I tried my hardest to keep the monsoon but found out after much heartache, its better to get rid of it. It holds you back from what you want to do. I also took out the hatch speakers and put 6x9s to replace them. All speakers paired to a 400w amp, it sounds great.
Old 10-19-2010, 07:51 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

Originally Posted by 00MaroVSix
Hypothetically speaking you could, but the rear speakers are components and so the mid rear speakers are the mids, and the far back speakers which are actually only like 4 iches big, they are the tweeters.
Uh...no. I suggest you read the Monsoon FAQ sticky at the top of the section. The door speakers are components. The sail panel speakers are subs (not mids). The hatch area speakers are 4" full range (not tweeters) in Camaros or 4" mids with .75" tweeter component sets in Firebirds.