Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Speaker Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 05:13 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speaker Replacement

Now that the car is finally up and running, I am looking to replace the old, blown speakers in it. Right now it has Pioneer speakers all the way around and an Alpine head unit. Both speakers and head unit are about 5 years old, so everything will more than likely get replaced.

As for the speakers, I have browsed our sponsors' F-Body packages and they seem straight forward and easy to install. My question is what is the deal with the speakers in the hatch? I see the higher up packages do away with them and recommend a separate subwoofer and amplifier all together. Is this the only way to get the best sound? I am somewhat picky about good sounding systems, so I will do what is necessary, but I would prefer to stay away from a seperate subwoofer and amp as this adds to the cost substantially (amp, sub, encolsure, wiring etc.). I am not also looking to throw weight (amps and subs) into the car if I can get a good sounding system with just replacing all 6 speakers and a new head unit (this is somewhat a track oriented car). Thanks for the help guys.

Last edited by CJJones87; 10-21-2010 at 05:24 PM.