Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Hands free door popper with push button start!

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 11:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Hands free door popper with push button start!

Im going to be working on a kit for my car hopefully over this winter. I don't want to put holes in my doors for handles so i decided on door poppers.

Then once i installed my steering column and found no room for the ignition mechanism once the key is turned i decided to go pushbutton, based off of rfid like all the new cars have.

Then i decided why not control the doors with the rfid and simply use a wave of the hand over where the door handle should be to open it!

So i'll be designing a kit that will use a key i can keep in my pocket, it will enable the doors to open with the wave of a hand, and enable a pushbutton start/stop.

Needless to say i haven't seen a kit like this anywhere before. What do you guys think?
Old 10-25-2010, 12:24 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 328 Likes on 246 Posts

sounds awesome! i have always wanted to retrofit the passkey stuff off of a vette onto another car.
Old 10-25-2010, 01:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

sub'd
Old 10-25-2010, 07:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im glad you guys like the idea, i thought i was overthinking it wayyy to much. I plan on completing the kit this winter, but im going to start working on the sensor tomorrow at work.

I didn't plan on making a thread to update as i go along, but what the hell.

Quick Reply: Hands free door popper with push button start!