Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

advise please on speakers

Old 11-06-2010, 08:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default advise please on speakers

Hello
I had 4 Infinity Kappa 63.9i 3-way car speakers on the doors and the center what i did was since the Kappas have two set of wires and there is two set of wires i hooked them up that way so i made sure the tweeter wires went to the tweeters and the mid bass went to the mids.. well a while back i had to remove 2 of the infinitys and put them in my daily driver.. well i just sold it and I will be driving my camaro as my daily driver.. also i have two 10s p1 in stealth boxes... what should i do? buy another set of infinitys? and put them in the center or is there a different route that will sound better? i am still using the monsoon amp.. the HU is a Pioneer...
i was thinking also putting a kicker tweeter on the "a" pillars and some infinity 4" in the rear panel... thanks
Old 11-11-2010, 05:35 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

97 views and nothing.....
Old 11-11-2010, 09:48 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

First, you should read the Monsoon FAQ sticky for an understanding of why you shouldn't put coaxial or any other full range speaker in the sail panels of a Monsoon equipped car.

Next, you should contact Kee Audio or SparksAI (both are sponsors here) about their replacement speaker packages for Monsoon systems. Both offer aftermarket speaker sets that are direct wire-in replacements for the factory speakers (with better quality of course). I haven't tried the SparksAI kit but I have use the Kee Audio CDT kit and the improvement over stock is amazing for a very reasonable price.

Search this Thread