Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Pioneer DEH-2200UB?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 10:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Pioneer DEH-2200UB?

So is anyone running this unit? Looks like a lot of features for the price, $120. At this point anything would be better than my Aiwa that doesn't do anything, well it will play burned cds and usually ends in error. Mind you not MP3 discs either, just a regular burned cd.

Any other recommendations at $150 or less? I don't need anything fancy, Pioneer units always seem to rate fairly well. I wish the thing lit up in blue instead of green or red as I did blue LEDs in my dash and autometer gauges.

Also there is some wire box from Scosche in there behind the Aiwa. Is that there so the deck will work with the factory Bose speakers? Car is a 94 Z28 I only have door speakers and a factory sub I guess in the hatch area? I don't have any sail panel speakers.

I don't have an ipod, but I guess this unit will read right from a thumb drive.
Old 11-14-2010, 10:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I have that one and it seems to work pretty well. I have a flash drive plugged into the front with my music on it.
Old 11-15-2010, 12:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep i have that one too, works out well with my ipod, can't beat the price
Old 11-15-2010, 10:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I am pretty sure thats what I bought recently. I've been using a USB drive with it. Nothing fancy, but it does get the job done. I have some new components in the doors and a 10" sub. It all sounds good for a really, really, budget minded system. I have always had perfect luck with pioneer cd players. Never a skip, never messed up. Always been great for the price.
Old 11-17-2010, 06:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

They have this unit at walmart in a package labeled Pioneer Complete Car Audio Package DXT-2266UB for only $85 + Tax.

Bought this yesterday, it's a great solution for my old 99 suburban. Walmart sells the speakers and head unit individually so just for comparison:

Head unit is a Pioneer DEH-2200UB $90. ($120 at crutchfield, although you get some free install hardware)

The speakers are 2 pairs of Pioneer TS-G1643R $40/pair ($50 at crutchfield).

This is a very good combo deal. A wiring adapter and mounting kit will run about another $20 at Walmart. Be aware the USB can not control an Ipod, or display track info from the Ipod on the console screen like the higher end decks will. But it should run a standard USB memory stick just fine. You can power an Ipod from the USB and play music through the Aux port.

I realize the speakers are not recommended for F-bodies but lots of vehicles do use standard 6.5" so you could sell them or use them in something else.

Last edited by Capricio; 11-17-2010 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Grammar
Old 11-17-2010, 06:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^That post is def. two days too late for me. Hopefully someone else will benefit though! I ended up buying an Alpine along the same lines as this Pioneer for $45, but the CD player supposedly doesn't work.