Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

amp to sail panel speaker help?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 04:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default amp to sail panel speaker help?

new idea, hook 2 4 channel amps up to reach every one of my speakers, i don't want the monsoon amp. redo the entire wiring where it goes straight to the amps, then to the speakers. few probs i may have, do i need 2 pairs of rca outputs on my head unit to hook to 2 seperate amps, AND do i need 2 remote control wires from my head, because i only have 1 rca pair and 1 remote wire

Last edited by firebirddude98; 12-09-2010 at 05:07 PM.
Old 12-09-2010, 05:49 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

First, why are you getting rid of the Monsoon amp? Doesn't it work? You're going to replace the amp but leave the speaker configuration?

Second, you don't need two amps. For example, the "two speakers" in the doors are component pieces - a mid and a tweeter. That's still only one channel from an aftermarket amp combined with a crossover. Same with the hatch speakers - they're just a small mid and a tweeter on each side. Actually, leave out the hatch speakers and you've got four channels left. Or combine the hatch speakers with the sail panel speakers on your rear output channels and you still have four channels.
Old 12-09-2010, 06:12 PM
On The Tree

monsoon amp doesnt please my ear drums. it sounds like crap, maybe because it doesnt have the sail panel speakers, anyway, i am putting all new system in. im confusing myself thinking about it, but i'll try to explain what im tryin to do. cuttin all the tweeters from power. hooking 2-4 channel amps to my HU to go to all 4 of my 6.5 speakers, my hatch speakers, and adding in 2 more subs, and hooking the hatch and 2 subs to the second amp. the main things i need to know is if my HU needs a pos and a neg wire for EACH INDIVIDUAL SPEAKER because mine only has enough for 4 speakers total. and i need to know if i need 2 remote wires from my HU because i only have one of those to. i could plug the one rca to my HU, and then plug one from the 2nd amp to the one that is into the HU right? could i do the same with the remote wire to? like i said, im new to audio and im super confused
Old 12-09-2010, 11:26 PM
12 Second Club

check with kee audio(a sponsor)he has some speaker packages that work with the monsoon amp and sound really good.
and you dident say if your keeping the stock hu or going aftermarket so that makes a difference also. i have a 6.6 componet set in the front of my car(camaro)and a 6.5 componet set in the sails paowered by a memphis 5 channel amp with 1 10in memphis m3 sub in a memphis ported box and i have had several people listen to my system and say its one of the best they have heard.
it seems like you overcoplicateing things with your set up.
here is a link he has a few pkg's that will sound great with the monsoon amp and you can allways add a small amp and sub later on.
http://keeaudio.com/fbodyspeakers.html