Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Trouble installing Infinity 62.7i

Old 12-24-2010, 12:25 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trouble installing Infinity 62.7i

Hey everyone. Trying to install the Infinity 62.7i speakers in my door. I found the following install guide:

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29204

It says not to install the crossover that comes with the package. I have an aftermarket radio. I cannot get the speakers to receive anything but highs. I even tried every combination of wiring that is possible. If I hook up the stock speakers, the sound comes out fine. Anyone have any ideas?
Old 12-24-2010, 08:59 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hisjakeness
Hey everyone. Trying to install the Infinity 62.7i speakers in my door. I found the following install guide:

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29204

It says not to install the crossover that comes with the package. I have an aftermarket radio. I cannot get the speakers to receive anything but highs. I even tried every combination of wiring that is possible. If I hook up the stock speakers, the sound comes out fine. Anyone have any ideas?
I'd check out the Monsoon FAQ and double check your connections. Hopefully you used the stock connectors which makes it a lot easier.

And when you get it done/fixed, let us know how they sound since they look like a good set to do the coaxial to component mod.
Old 12-24-2010, 09:06 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You've got the wires switched. You have the midbass wires on the tweeter which will be blocked and make no sound and you have the tweeter wires on the midbass which will make only highs coming from that speaker because it's filtered. I've done that before, years ago...
Old 12-24-2010, 12:41 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the responses. I looked at the wiring and I'm pretty sure I had each one wired correctly. I even switched them around just to make sure and still got a very weak signal either way. It even seemed like there was a lack of power compared to all the other speakers. I'm baffled.
Old 01-02-2011, 11:47 AM
Staging Lane

UPDATE:

Just got everything wired up and working. Had to go out of town for a week. Sorry for the late update!

Sound is good. Highs are crisp and the mids sound good. Definitely a good purchase (I got them for under $80 shipped). The fit was perfect.

Last edited by WhiteBird00; 01-02-2011 at 05:02 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Trouble installing Infinity 62.7i