Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

anyone used pac-oem-1 w/ factory monsoon

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 02:47 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone used pac-oem-1 w/ factory monsoon

So as the title states I'm looking into using a Pac-oem-1 to run signal to the Sub and Amp I'm installing. Has anyone used one for this and how did it work? If i understand this item correctly it eliminates the need to use a line level converter and I will not need to splice into any speaker wires to get a signal to the amp and sub. I believe it also takes care of the remote turn on wire. Am I correct in my understanding of this unit?

thanks for the input guys
Old 04-13-2011, 07:32 PM
12 Second Club

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

Been using a PAC OEM-1 for over 10 years and have had NO problems with it. I like the looks of the factory HU, but the sound of an aftermarket system.

It is an easy plug-n-play with no splicing, you also get the remote turn-on lead, and you 4 channel RCA outs with a level adjustment on each channel.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:47 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BandDirector thanks for the reply, couple of clarifying questions for you.

I'll be able to use the RCA's for signal to my amp for the sub correct? This also gives me the remote turn-on as well so no need for additional wiring right?

I'm glad I understood the basics of this unit properly, just ordered one for $27 off ebay...great deal as it sells for near twice that everywhere else I found it.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:45 PM
12 Second Club

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by 02nwZ28
BandDirector thanks for the reply, couple of clarifying questions for you.

I'll be able to use the RCA's for signal to my amp for the sub correct? This also gives me the remote turn-on as well so no need for additional wiring right?

I'm glad I understood the basics of this unit properly, just ordered one for $27 off ebay...great deal as it sells for near twice that everywhere else I found it.
Correct. The PAC OEM-1 plus in-between the factory wiring harness and the radio....the factory haness goes in one end of the OEM-1 and then the other end of the OEM-1 plugs into the stock HU. It's a very versitile piece! I originally used mine to just add a sub to complement the stock Monsoon system. Eventually, I added a 4 channel amp and replaced all speakers in my system and ONLY use the stock HU and changer. Since the OEM-1 allows you to keep ALL of the Monsoon system in tact, you can replace as much or little as you want. It'll allow you to grow as you're ready to add amps/components, etc.

I'm attaching a pic of my actual OEM-1 so you can see exactly what it'll look like.

You'll notice the left side is the harness side that plugs in-between the radio and HU and then the righ side is 2 pairs of RCA outs and then the blue wire is the amp turn-on lead. If you look closely at the black box of the OEM-1, you'll see individual level adjustments for each channel.

You can also check out the link in my sig for my current system to see what all it entails now...
Attached Thumbnails anyone used pac-oem-1 w/ factory monsoon-stock-camaro-seat-bottom.jpg  

Quick Reply: anyone used pac-oem-1 w/ factory monsoon