Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

How to connect multiple amps to factory stereo??

Old 04-18-2011, 02:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to connect multiple amps to factory stereo??

Hello everyone,

I have read nearly every forum I could to find a clear answer to this question. I have a 2002 Camaro SS with the factory stereo and monsoon amp. I have purchased Alpine MRP-M1000 (to power the Alpine 12" type X) and a KAR 400.4 (to power my door and sail speakers Boston Acoustics SR60's) for my amps. I would like to keep the stock stereo because I do like to leave the t-tops out of the car, I already have an iPod hook up for it and it would be much more cost effective.

So what part would be necessary to run both amps from the stock stereo?
Would this prevent the sail speakers from being used as subs only?
Should I run new speaker wire to the doors and sail speakers?

I am very picky about the sound of the stereo and I do not like the sub overpowering the other speakers of the car and I do want my sound quality to be as close to exceptional as possible.

Thanks in Advance!!

Zach Branch

P.S. In case you are wonder I have purchase the capacitor, optima yellow top battery, sub, door and sail speakers, Kicker 4 gauge dual amp power wire kit and millamat. If you feel like I have missed something please feel free to let me know!!

Last edited by zach branch; 04-19-2011 at 07:24 PM. Reason: title seemed more instructional then a request for help
Old 04-18-2011, 08:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

return capacitor. what all speakers/sub u running

how much do you wanna spend. a 40 dollar LOC will work or a 300 dollar processor
Old 04-19-2011, 05:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The car will have 6.5" Boston Acoustics SR60's in the door speaker, and sails. I am making a fiberglass box in the hatch for a 12" Alpine Type-X SWX-1243D. The Boston Acoustics are rated at 85W RMS and the sub is rated at 1,000W RMS.

As far cost goes I would like to keep it as low as possible without sacrificing
sound quality. I literally have no idea where to start searching, I would love to have multiple options so I could research it and having personal opinions help as well.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How to connect multiple amps to factory stereo??