Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Old RE Audio 10" sub

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 07:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Old RE Audio 10" sub

After reading what you guys say about what goes best in a stealthbox, I'm looking into getting one.

Where can I get one?
Old 08-30-2011, 01:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

ebay, also i believe Kee and DOUBLEDMODS which are both sponsors sell them.
Old 08-30-2011, 03:20 AM
TECH Addict

ebay, caraudio.com
Old 08-30-2011, 11:58 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by bobbyd
ebay, also i believe Kee and DOUBLEDMODS which are both sponsors sell them.
Originally Posted by 94'BLKBRD
ebay, caraudio.com
Thanks for the replies guys. How will I know if it is the old type?
Old 08-30-2011, 02:28 PM
TECH Addict

You can tell by the basket. Third picture of the box you can see how the basket looks.

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/subwo...o-se-10-a.html
Old 08-30-2011, 06:57 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 94'BLKBRD
You can tell by the basket. Third picture of the box you can see how the basket looks.

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/subwo...o-se-10-a.html
Thanks man.
Old 08-31-2011, 11:07 AM
Staging Lane

I'm hoping that Kee and DOUBLEDMODS will chime in.
Old 08-31-2011, 01:08 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The old one was a great sub. I had 2 of them in my car:

That is the old model, then later they used the same motor with just the RE logo on the front. Apparently the new model is just as good and has some improvements made from what I was told. I have not used one yet but access to all of them.

I did just get in some MMATS P2.0 subs that I am loading into stealth boxes right now as well and will be doing them on a special at $199.99 (currently have 3 ready to go). I will also be doing a special on loaded stealth boxes with the JBL GT5 10" sub for $179.99 (have 4 of these ready to go). Both will be wired for a 2ohm load. Both are also very good subs and I have used these in several installs with excellent results.
Old 08-31-2011, 09:03 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by KEE AUDIO

That is the old model, then later they used the same motor with just the RE logo on the front. Apparently the new model is just as good and has some improvements made from what I was told. I have not used one yet but access to all of them.

I did just get in some MMATS P2.0 subs that I am loading into stealth boxes right now as well and will be doing them on a special at $199.99 (currently have 3 ready to go). I will also be doing a special on loaded stealth boxes with the JBL GT5 10" sub for $179.99 (have 4 of these ready to go). Both will be wired for a 2ohm load. Both are also very good subs and I have used these in several installs with excellent results.
Do you have an older RE?
Old 08-31-2011, 09:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you have subs and a sub box with a 9" max clearance. I am trying to get one for my 87 TA that will mount in the passenger wheel well. The box can not be larger that 9" deep. I dont care about the size of the sub.
Old 09-01-2011, 08:09 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by abates
Do you have an older RE?
Sorry, I sold those over a year ago to some members here.
Old 09-01-2011, 02:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I am looking at the Pioneer slim line sub for my car. It seems that is the only sub that will work without sacraficing space.
Old 09-01-2011, 02:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mrrman
I am looking at the Pioneer slim line sub for my car. It seems that is the only sub that will work without sacraficing space.
Not even close...in fact you would be disappointed by that sub. I have one and used it in my daily driver. It came in my truck in a small enclosure. It was not a good sub. It was powered by a Pioneer 400watt amp that also came with the truck. Amp is not bad, actually did a good job...the sub was the issue as I did use a different sub with that amp and it was rocking. That sub is currently residing in my garage.
I have some nice options for stealth boxes I just put out today here that will far outperform most shallow mount subs:
http://www.keeaudio.com/specials.html

By "my car" I did assume you mean an F-body? I have other subs that are shallow mount if you need additional room that will outperform that Pioneer.
Old 09-01-2011, 02:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Not even close...in fact you would be disappointed by that sub. I have one and used it in my daily driver. It came in my truck in a small enclosure. It was not a good sub. It was powered by a Pioneer 400watt amp that also came with the truck. Amp is not bad, actually did a good job...the sub was the issue as I did use a different sub with that amp and it was rocking. That sub is currently residing in my garage.
I have some nice options for stealth boxes I just put out today here that will far outperform most shallow mount subs:
http://www.keeaudio.com/specials.html

By "my car" I did assume you mean an F-body? I have other subs that are shallow mount if you need additional room that will outperform that Pioneer.

Yes I have a 3rd gen...I dont want to give up my trunk space. What do you have and what do you recommend. I was initially thinking of mounting the sub in the passenger wheel well side. That would work great for me but I only have about 9-10" to work with deep. I would like the sub and enclosure.
Old 09-01-2011, 04:35 PM
Banned

Yes I have a 3rd gen...I dont want to give up my trunk space. What do you have and what do you recommend. I was initially thinking of mounting the sub in the passenger wheel well side. That would work great for me but I only have about 9-10" to work with deep. I would like the sub and enclosure.
I have something that will definitely work for you. That is plenty of depth. Shoot me an email at: keeaudio@bellsouth.net
Don't want to hijack someone's thread. The OP was about the old RE Audio subs.
Thanks!!
Old 09-01-2011, 04:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah...sorry to the OP for kinda taking over this...PM on the way
Old 09-01-2011, 05:42 PM
Staging Lane

yeah...sorry to the OP for kinda taking over this...PM on the way
Its cool, if I can't find an older RE I can also use this info.
Old 09-02-2011, 01:28 PM
Banned

I still see them every now and then but you would be ok with the new one. As I said, I haven't used it yet BUT I hear that it actually has some improvements over the old. I just don't like the look of it with the big cover over the magnet and stuff. To me the old one looked more beefy. I will go over today and see if I can get one of the new ones and give it a try.
Old 09-04-2011, 05:16 PM
Staging Lane

What kind of amp is that in the pic? Is that what was powering the subs?
Old 09-04-2011, 05:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by abates
What kind of amp is that in the pic? Is that what was powering the subs?
That is and old school (rockford fosgate) 5 channel amp. I think it is the 5/600 amp.

Quick Reply: Old RE Audio 10" sub