Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Monsoon system question

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2011, 09:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Monsoon system question

Well, I hadn't known it until a little after I bought this '98 Camaro that it apparently has a Monsoon sound system in it. 2 front door speakers, 2 rear, and 2 in the hatch. Thing is, the two in the rear - next to the rear seats - aren't functioning. I had just put a new aftermarket stereo in it the other day, though I don't think they were working with the factory either. I'm fairly certain the last owner was fiddling around with the wiring from what I can tell, he had some subwoofers hooked up in the back before too.

Another thing - after putting in the new aftermarket stereo, there was that one plug from the factory stereo that we didn't use then, what changes would there be from not using that? And how could I put it to use if need be?
Old 09-04-2011, 07:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Make sure you read the monsoon FAQ. Post #3 describes the factory head unit connectors. You never said if you have a factory CD changer or not.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/stereo-electronics/612644-monsoon-faq.html

For a start, dismount one of the sail panel cones and see if the speaker wires are still connected to it, or rerouted to drive one of the subs the previous owner installed. Then we can go from there.