Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Help with Convertible Rear Speakers

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 01:59 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help with Convertible Rear Speakers

I have a set of EU-6CXMB speakers from Ian @ Kee Audio to replace the rear speakers in my convertible. He also sent me the 3/4" spacer needed so that the magnet will clear the top as it comes down. I know that people have done this before, but I have no idea what to do with the big wiring harness that runs through where the speaker is at. It goes from the interior of the car through a little cutout next to the speaker to an opening to the amp/top motor/antenna in the rear of the car. This is blocking the spacer from being able to be installed. Should I cut the spacer to make room for the harness? I dont think I can relocate it because there is no other area large enough for it to be passed through. What have other people done with this harness? Here are some pics to explain what I am talking about. Thanks for the help.

Here is the wiring harness along the passenger side:

Here is with the harness in its stock location, spacer is way off:

Here is with the harness moved as much as possible, spacer is still off and rear panel would need to be cut to allow the harness to rest there:
Old 10-01-2011, 12:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

why don't you pass the harness through that slight pass-through along the edge?

Old 10-01-2011, 12:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

OR just cut the spacer

Old 10-01-2011, 02:20 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Spacer is trimmed to just the width of the speaker. Forgot pics were taken before that. The thing is that the harness goes over top of the edge of the stock speaker which it cant do when the spacer is in there. If I put it above it, the plastic interior piece will not fit. Ill get pics of it tomorrow.

Quick Reply: Help with Convertible Rear Speakers