Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Pyramid WX65X Sail Panel sub review

Old 10-03-2011, 08:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Pyramid WX65X Sail Panel sub review

I decided to pull the trigger on these subs after reading some reviews on Jeep forums. They can be bought for around $15 a piece from Ebay or Amazon. I've got less than that after running across a set open box on ebay.

They seem to be good quality, with white impp cones, but lacking screw in terminals. I had to widen out the factory holes just a touch as these were barely off, less than 1/8". They didn't come with any type of foam mounting ring, so I made my own out of two sided tape. It should cure a little bit of rattle from metal on metal contact.

Installing them wasn't a problem at all, and after getting the headunit set right they sound pretty good, especially for what I've got in them. They don't really "hit" that good, but have a suprisingly nice bass note when listening to country or rock. I'm no big stereo guy but I have a single downfiring 12" in my truck. The only bad thing I can think of is that these are 4 ohm and the stock ones are 2 ohm, so I'm losing some volume there. I honestly have nothing to compare them to as I've never heard a healthy, properly functioning monsoon system, but I think they're a great replacement as long as you're not expecting a lot of window shaking bass. My car didn't have any sail panel subs when I bought it. Overall, I'd say something like a 3.5/5 if I'm rating them. They're no CDT or JL, but for less than $40 shipped they're a good replacement. Now let's see how long they last!
Old 10-03-2011, 09:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you want good sounding subs in the sail panel get Earthquake sound SWS 6.5 they sound good. They actually get pretty low but you need an amp for them. Stock amp will work too but aftermarket will make it sound better. but they are more expensive they are $99 but with dynamat installed with them the bass is awesome.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pyramid WX65X Sail Panel sub review