Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

PAC-SWI-RC programming

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 04:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default PAC-SWI-RC programming

I just installed my new pioneer x930bt headunit with the PAC-SWI-RC steering wheel controller, and I am having some problems. I was somewhat confused by the directions, which were vague at best, but basically all it seemed to take was to wire the green PAC wire to the dark blue wire on the factory harness, attach red and black wires appropriately, wire the blue and yellow stripe wire to the remote control input on the headunit, and plug the input jack into the appropriate place on the unit. I think the wiring is alright, but the instructions say that after turning on the cars power and pressing the button on the PAC, the led should blink the same number of times as the version it is set in. I am set in version 7, but it blinks twice; is this indicative of a bad PAC unit?
Old 10-06-2011, 07:19 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

The blue/yellow wire should not be connected. It is used only for Kenwood and OEM head units that don't have a remote jack. Your Pioneer communicates with the HU through the jack.
Old 07-20-2012, 12:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks (Whitebird), I think you just answered my problem too! The installation instructions for these pac units are dreadfull and very confusing. I believe then that I do not require the jack cable connected on my kenwood as the kenwood does not have a jack and I use the blue/yellow wire that is available on both the kenwood and the swi-rc!

Cheers

Quick Reply: PAC-SWI-RC programming