Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

My experience with kee audio so far.

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 04:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My experience with kee audio so far.

Bought a pair of 6.5" DVC Bazooka speakers for my Trans Am on Kee Audio's website. Shipping was fast and prompt. During installation I tested the speakers before I fully installed them and one was DOA. I tried to call, no answer. Emailed and got a response telling me to check the polarity etc. and if it still doesn't work send it back to this address.

Now realizing he lived near me I sent him a reply asking if he'd like to meet up to exchange the speakers. No reply, so I went ahead and shipped it out UPS Monday 10/03/11 and it was delivered the following day. Sent another email asking about the status of the replacement Friday 10/07/11. Still no reply so maybe I'll get a response here.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:24 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

Ian has a full-time job and sometimes can't get back to people as quickly as they would like. He has never let anyone down so just be patient - he will get back to you.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:20 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll go ahead and second whitebird on this one, I wouldn't worry too much about it, Ian will definitely get you fixed up..
Old 10-10-2011, 09:46 PM
On The Tree

The email I got back from him after I wrote to him (which I actually need to get back to him about myself. :O ) was by far the most well-written and helpful email I have received from a vendor. If that guy doesn't genuinely care about responding to his customers, then either no vendor does or he's the best faker I've ever had the pleasure of speaking to.

I'll third the "give him a little extra time" idea.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:00 AM
On The Tree

I ordered my subs from Ian last year and met him in person. He is one of the kindest and most caring vendors I've done business with. He'll take care of you. When I bought my subs, I had a little trouble contacting him, but he will get back to you, don't worry.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I have nothing but good things to say about Kee either. I ordered a complete set for my z and after install had one where I had some bad vibrations coming from the speaker. Ian offered to send some foam for around the speaker to try to cure my problem.
Old 10-11-2011, 12:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Why not just call him? It seems that people forget in this day in age that calling someone direct is the best way to communicate with someone.
Old 10-11-2011, 03:30 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Black_Z28
Why not just call him? It seems that people forget in this day in age that calling someone direct is the best way to communicate with someone.
Did you read my post?
Old 10-11-2011, 04:08 PM
Banned

Check your email. I responded before I even saw this post. I have been a bit backed up lately and have some catching up to do. I also thought we were gonna meet up one weekend. I tried calling you that Friday before but never got you. I did meet up with another customer though and actually put a sub/enclosure in his car while my girls were at dance class. I thought that was the same day, maybe I have you confused with someone else.
Regardless it will be going out in a couple of hours, sorry for the delay. You will have it no later then Wednesday though.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:39 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by KEE AUDIO
Check your email. I responded before I even saw this post. I have been a bit backed up lately and have some catching up to do. I also thought we were gonna meet up one weekend. I tried calling you that Friday before but never got you. I did meet up with another customer though and actually put a sub/enclosure in his car while my girls were at dance class. I thought that was the same day, maybe I have you confused with someone else.
Regardless it will be going out in a couple of hours, sorry for the delay. You will have it no later then Wednesday though.
Got your email around 3 today, thanks for the response. Did you diagnose that bazooka I sent back? I am curious to know what was wrong with it
Old 10-11-2011, 06:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

I know that he has already responded but I must jump on board and just say that Ian was an extremly nice person to deal with and I'm happy with the products that he sold me.
Old 10-11-2011, 07:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 98NBMF
Got your email around 3 today, thanks for the response. Did you diagnose that bazooka I sent back? I am curious to know what was wrong with it
Honestly, I haven't even taken out of the box you sent it in. Generally I test them to see what went wrong but this time I haven't had time to mess with it and I just wanted to get your sub to you so you could get the car back up and going again.
I will check it out sometime this week and let you know.
Old 10-12-2011, 02:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by KEE AUDIO
That was me you meet. Love the sub.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:53 PM
Teching In

Finished installing both speakers today. They sound great and they would sound even better with a better amp.
Old 10-14-2011, 11:33 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 98z8uup
That was me you meet. Love the sub.
That was cool! Glad you like the sub, I was confident that you would. MMATS makes great stuff. It is also something the guy next door isn't going to have in his car either which is kind of cool to be unique. They are made in the US and make real pro audio.

Saw you got the tweeter pods in, nice!! 6litereater is a great guy!