Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Help with window wiring and more!

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 09:29 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with window wiring and more!

I recently removed my monsoon amp and all wiring. I just unplugged the wires that went to the door. Today I took the door pannel off and went to trace those wires down. The 4 wires that went to the speaker all got pulled back through but there were 4 remaining wires in the harness that I couldn't see where they went. The wires seem to be going to the door but the plug that went into it all came from the amp. I don't see why wires from the amp would go anywhere other than the speakers in the door.

I also had been having trouble with my passenger side window fix. At times I can hear a clicking noise from the relays but the window won't move. Once I had the speaker out I found a plug that I cannot find where it goes...?

Any help would be appreciated. Hope that wasn't too confusing.

First two pictures are of the harness that came from
The amp. The wires that are running out the door are the ones I pulled through from the speaker. The remaining wires are what have me confused. I also have a picture showing where the remaining wires go.

Last picture is my mystery plug that i pulled out through the speaker opening :x
Old 12-03-2011, 09:27 AM
12 Second Club

Morning bump. I would love to piece the car back together after work tonight
Old 12-04-2011, 08:00 PM
12 Second Club

well the mystery plug was the window motor and im not sure how it came unplugged, but thats back in. the harness behind the kick panel still has me confused but if i cant figure it out i guess it'll just go back behind the panel again
Old 12-04-2011, 08:51 PM
Launching!

I used a test light to see which were which when I did this, same question you had. 2 wires have to stay I believe I de pinned the ones that wernt neccessary. Lemme see if I can find which ones...
Old 12-04-2011, 08:56 PM
Launching!

Blue wire
Dark Green wire
Dark Green wire
Light Green wire
Light Blue wire
Orange wire

Those are the ones not needed on mine. I left I think the pink and some other one on the connector for the power antenna I believe...
Old 12-04-2011, 09:13 PM
12 Second Club

Thanks man. After all the speaker wires were traced back I'm left with a dark blue, light blue, black, and yellow left in the plug. The other end of the plug is disconnected and removed from the car. So those wires end at the plug.

I was hoping to find where they ran and remove the plug all together, but I can just leave the plug back behind the panel. Like I said in the first post, the plug that went into the one pictured contained only wires goin to or from the amp. So it's gone.