Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Opinions on CDT

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 05:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions on CDT

I know a lot of you have keeaudio CDT speaker package setup in your LS1 and I am new to the monsoon amp and the stock monsoon speakers aren't bad but the bass could sound nicer. So is the premium package for the firebird really good compared to stock? Give me details lol I need convincing.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:38 PM
Teching In

bumps
Old 02-02-2012, 07:28 PM
On The Tree

I should be able to tell you something in a couple of days. I have his premium package for my SS and just finished putting in the rear speakers. If nothing stupid happens I will have the sail and door speakers in Saturday.

Todd
Old 02-03-2012, 01:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

I don't have the premium Kee Audio f-body speaker package, I have the standard one. One of my sail panel speakers went out on me, so I figured I would just replace all of them.

In the standard speaker package, only the door speakers are CDT, the sails are Bazooka, and the hatch are JVC (at least this was the package when I bought mine a while back). The CDT speakers sound good, it's definitely an upgrade over the factory speakers. In fact, I was so pleased with them I also added a CDT 10" stealth box sub.
Old 02-04-2012, 02:57 AM
On The Tree

Because as everyone knows tax season is here so I thought get the premium package and then install. I know the stock system can't handle much volume and the bass just sounds horrible at a certain loudness so thats pretty much why I want to upgrade
Old 02-04-2012, 10:16 PM

Default great

Originally Posted by ritchie1791
Because as everyone knows tax season is here so I thought get the premium package and then install. I know the stock system can't handle much volume and the bass just sounds horrible at a certain loudness so thats pretty much why I want to upgrade
I bought the 2ohm 6.5 subs from cdt thinking I would get 25% better quality. They are at least twice as loud and there is no comparison in sound quality. These come in the 300$ package but I just bought the sail panel ones.
Old 02-06-2012, 11:39 AM
Teching In

Default CDT Review

I purchased the premium package from Kee Audio. They have great customer service, reliable and quick shipping.

It's a good sys because it's a replacement sys and all you have to do it install it which is not hard at all.

I bought the sys because my sail speakers were inop but the stock radio sounded decent enough. I went into it thinking I was going to get a dramatic change....well it does sound way better. Much more clarity! The bass sounds good at normal levels.

But I am still running the stock head unit and stock amp so it's still limited! I can only turn up the volume so much before the bass starts losing its clarity and becomes distorted. The highs are actually very consistent and clear all the way up.

I'm in the process of installing vibration dampers and sound mat so that should make it sound much better. For the future I'm planning on the drivers side hidden subwoofer and that should get me where I want to be. I have awesome clear sounding highs and the sub will fill in the voids the sails lack.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:51 AM
On The Tree

Now I am convinced. Because my sails are what bother me the bass just caps out with certain low tones. all the other speakers are fine except they cannot handle loud volumes without popping lol so might as well get replacement for all them so they done go out on me so fast
Old 02-08-2012, 07:24 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

If you still have the factory head unit, that's the likely cause of your high-volume problems. That thing is a distortion machine and is the primary cause of the OEM speakers blowing (especially since they're made of cheap materials). Even good aftermarket speakers will eventually die from the clipping if you continue to use the factory HU at high volume.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:28 PM
On The Tree

I didn't know that....So for sure I am going to get a new head unit but I am real picky about head units. Can never decide between Pioneer or Sony....I like the brands but I don't really know the difference in quality and I want one that has red illumination instead of blue lol

Quick Reply: Opinions on CDT