Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

6.5" Subwoofers with Alpine KTP445 Amp

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 02:07 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 6.5" Subwoofers with Alpine KTP445 Amp

Hello everyone, currently running an Alpine CDE-121 headunit with an Alpine KTP445 Amp (45 watts RMS x 4). For those unfamiliar with this particular amp, it is more of a power booster than a traditional amplifier. It does not have a power source directly from the cars battery, it is simply run right off the head unit wiring. As stated previously it is rated for 45watts RMS. I am looking to increase the amount of bass that my system is putting out, I am NOT looking for bone rattling bass or anything like that. I am more or less looking for an improvement in sound when I am playing songs with bass (house music, hip hop, etc.). Basically I am looking for a sound quality on par with many modern luxury car stereos that utilize 6x9's on the packing shelf. Again, I don't necessarily need thumping bass, just looking for clean and clear bass that you would normally get from a nice set of 6x9's.

My question is, what is a good 6.5" subwoofer to get (put in the sail panels) considering that I am only running a 45watt RMS amp? Thank you everyone in advance!
Old 01-12-2012, 08:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.cdtaudio.com/pdf/EF-6CF.pdf

Kee sells them as the HD-6CF, I think one is the updated version of the other, the specs are pretty much identical. I have these in my sail panels. I'm pushing them with a little more power than you're talking about, but they sound pretty good and are SVC 4 Ohm with 90 dB sensitivity.

http://www.keeaudio.com/cdtmidbass.html

Quick Reply: 6.5" Subwoofers with Alpine KTP445 Amp