Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

SGS led swap issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 04:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SGS led swap issue

Hello all,

I swapped out the lights in my fog light switch, and even piggy backed 2 additional switches to wire for other things and all works perfect, except for the SGS switch. SGS was wired according to http://www.keliente.com/switches.htm but there is one problem. The dash illumination of the switch works no problem, and when i turn the switch on that led works flawlessly as well. But when i turn the switch off, and turn the illumination off, the led for the ON indicator still has a glow almost like a slight backfeed or something? everything is wired with the proper resistor. I dont know if maybe the wiring is different slightly for SGS compared to ASR? or if maybe the brass contact was inserted wrong or something?

and on a side note, does anyone know if you can swap the brass contact from a foglight switch and have the switch function properly or is there something needed to make it work correctly?

thanks in advance!