Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

dd radio

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 04:01 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default dd radio

ok so i already have the DD head unit working great. im trying to install my amp and subs this weekend. i got the power wire from the battery to the amp and ground to the body in the back and the blue wire to the blue white wire that was just sitting behind the head unit. BUT..... i dont have any power on the amp.... it usually has a little green light that lets me know its on..... any idea whats causing it to not come on... the fuse looks good on the amp....i tried a different ground connection also....is there any test i can do to isolate my trouble... thank you.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

get a voltmeter
Old 01-18-2012, 10:36 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Do you have a 12v signal wire going to the amp? Usually it comes from the back of the radio or you can use the wire going to the power antenna as a source. It is used to tell the amp to turn on or off when the radio is on or off since it's not a good idea to power an amp without a signal going to it.

If you just want to make sure it works, you can run a jumper wire from the 12v wire from the battery over to the 12v source wire just to test it.
Old 01-22-2012, 07:59 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the help guys. I found an issue with the blue white wire that is supposed to feed the amp power or turn it off and on was defective. It didn't have any volts even when The radio was on. So what we did was tap into the red power wire and used that to feed power to the amp