Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

sail panel comparison

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 10:59 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sail panel comparison

hey guys i know this topic has been beaten to death, i have been going back and forth between several choices and its just driving me nuts. My driver side sail panel is blown completely so I am going to replace them. I see people using the bazooka 6.5, cdt 6.5's and the kicker 6.5 cvt6. I know I need to get DVC but really is there much difference in these speakers? They are all about the same price. I am keeping stock head unit for now and all my other speakers are fine. Just want to know opinions between these different 6.5 subs.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:58 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Don't ask that question here! Everyone is going to chime in and tell you what they bought is the best one.

I can tell you that I have Bazookas and they are by far the best model out there. (The decider for me was not the sound but the ease of install. There can't be that much difference between them, especially when one is retaining the stock stereo system.)

I doubt anyone has purchased multiple sets to actually compare them aside from Kee. You are probably best to reach out to him.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:09 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by wssix99
Don't ask that question here! Everyone is going to chime in and tell you what they bought is the best one.

I can tell you that I have Bazookas and they are by far the best model out there. (The decider for me was not the sound but the ease of install. There can't be that much difference between them, especially when one is retaining the stock stereo system.)

I doubt anyone has purchased multiple sets to actually compare them aside from Kee. You are probably best to reach out to him.
yeah i can imagine you are right haha. I know kicker are a pretty good company but i have never heard of CDT until looking at the kee audio packages. As far as bazooka goes I have heard of them a long time ago and never thought much of their products so I would never think twice about buying them, but a lot of people on here seem to like the 6.5 subs for our cars. But if they sound good and install very easily and cost $100 for the pair, i guess i cant go wrong. I know the kicker 6.5s are very power hungry so i may cancel that option out because im running stock amp.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Bought Kicker 6.5s and I am selling them for 80.00 shipped if you are interested. Purchased them last week.....
Old 02-16-2012, 01:23 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Blownbayou
Bought Kicker 6.5s and I am selling them for 80.00 shipped if you are interested. Purchased them last week.....
i saw your posts that you werent happy with them because they need to much power. i would be in the same boat as you seing as I am keeping monsoon amp. thanks anyways, if i change my mind ill let you know.
Old 02-16-2012, 01:39 PM
On The Tree

Im not sure why you all are not liking the Kickers?

I have had them installed for roughly a month now, and had nothing but compliments on the sound and Im still running the stock head unit and monsoon amp. I plan to upgrade the headunit soon and that should only help, but even with the stock headunit the kickers hit hard and have a very good bass note.
Old 02-16-2012, 01:49 PM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by mikh338
yeah i can imagine you are right haha. I know kicker are a pretty good company but i have never heard of CDT until looking at the kee audio packages. As far as bazooka goes I have heard of them a long time ago and never thought much of their products so I would never think twice about buying them, but a lot of people on here seem to like the 6.5 subs for our cars. But if they sound good and install very easily and cost $100 for the pair, i guess i cant go wrong. I know the kicker 6.5s are very power hungry so i may cancel that option out because im running stock amp.
Kickers won't work with your car - you need a DVC. The options for DVC speakers are limited, so many of your options are going to be by niche/specialized companies.

You see people getting the 6.5 subs because that's what the cars came with. The stereos weren't all that bad, so its really common for people to just replace those stock subs. (Unlike the system, the stock sub speakers were/are total crap!)

This site has tons of posts from Kee's customers. I don't recall any posts that highlighted any flaws or problems with the speakers.
Old 02-19-2012, 10:04 AM
TECH Resident

so i ended up purchasing the bazooka subs from kee audio. i spoke with ian he was great, gave me tons of info and helped with any questions i have. i highly recommend him. cant wait to hook these subs up.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:08 PM
TECH Resident

so i finally ordered my subs and recieved them and they are really nice. I installed them today and they sound amazing!! for $100 shipped I am very satisfied as well. Here are some pics of the speakers and how i wired them up.

Old 05-28-2013, 10:54 AM
Staging Lane

Nice! Where do those mount? I started thinking about speakers when my driver's door speaker didn't sound good when I turned up the radio. I am not familiar with the history or weaknesses in our Monsoon system.

We have 6 speakers? What is the most common upgrades?
Old 05-29-2013, 07:12 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by apicia
Nice! Where do those mount? I started thinking about speakers when my driver's door speaker didn't sound good when I turned up the radio. I am not familiar with the history or weaknesses in our Monsoon system.

We have 6 speakers? What is the most common upgrades?
Please read the Monsoon FAQ sticky at the top of the section. It has lots of information about the layout of the Monsoon system as well as upgrade options.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:25 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
Please read the Monsoon FAQ sticky at the top of the section. It has lots of information about the layout of the Monsoon system as well as upgrade options.
Thanks, I'll bookmark it!
Old 05-29-2013, 11:39 AM

Any updates? Been about 3 months after install.

Quick Reply: sail panel comparison