Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

In Car Security Cameras?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 10:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation In Car Security Cameras?

I have the misfortune of living in a small town, with absolutely nothing for the local kids to do. The little wannabe thugs like vandalizing peoples cars for some reason. obviously, this doesn't sit well with me. Now, on my own property I don't need to worry much as I live in a subdivision FULL of Cops and KSP Troopers.

Here's the kicker: I cant always watch my car, and I can't rely on the cameras around my job They're old ***, discount POS's and have a tendency to fail.

I came upon this website a couple days ago, and I REALLY like the size and apparent capabilities of this camera: http://www.brickhousesecurity.com/mini-dv-recorder.html

So, does anybody around here have any experience with this company or others? We all love our cars, and I know some of you have car-cams. Any help would be great.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:13 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

thats preety cool, but where would you aim the cameras.

I know theres limos that have panaromic cameras, in any accident the cameras take pictures all around the car for evidence.

You can probably wire up any time of survilence camera system to proximity and or shock sensors in your alarm.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I planed on putting the 'Blackbox' camera INSIDE my back seat, facing the front, or somehow disguised inside of my headliner facing the same way. I also plan on getting a dashcam, but that would be obvious and easy to destroy. :/