Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Sound System help. What else do i need?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 11:49 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sound System help. What else do i need?!?!

Hey guys a friend of mine sold me a 12 in sony subwoofer and amp for 80 bucks. I want to put in my T/A but i'm not sure what else I may need besides speaker wire. I have to modify the box a little. Its about an inch too big but thats not problem. I can fix that. But I have no prior experience with intalling sound systems. I'm clueless. Do I need an after market Radio or can I use my factory radio? Is there other wiring beside speaker wires I need like for the amp. The amp is the most confusing to me. HELP GUYS!!!

Old 02-24-2012, 12:33 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by JVJLS1
Hey guys a friend of mine sold me a 12 in sony subwoofer and amp for 80 bucks. I want to put in my T/A but i'm not sure what else I may need besides speaker wire. I have to modify the box a little. Its about an inch too big but thats not problem. I can fix that. But I have no prior experience with intalling sound systems. I'm clueless. Do I need an after market Radio or can I use my factory radio? Is there other wiring beside speaker wires I need like for the amp. The amp is the most confusing to me. HELP GUYS!!!

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+to+install+system+in+car
Old 02-24-2012, 10:42 AM
Teching In

If you want to keep the stock HU, you're going to need a LOC (line out converter). The amp needs to get a signal form the HU, and aftermarket head units come with these preouts already on the back ready to wire up to an amp.

Stock HUs don't have that but you can make one with a LOC. It's a little gadget that you tap into speaker wires in your car that has rca plugs on it that you can then run to that amp.

They have them all over the internet for under $20