Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Securing amp rack to rear of trunk

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 06:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Securing amp rack to rear of trunk

Ok, I have had an amp rack for years now. Kind of don't like the screws into the body anymore as I have removed and reinstalled the screws as I gradually worked on my sound system. Is there any way to secure it to the back of the trunk without cutting or drilling into anything? I tried looking up old threads but the pictures are red Xs. Thanks for any help.
Old 02-18-2012, 08:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

Here's a pic of the amp rack I got. I think I got it from Subthump years ago.
Attached Thumbnails Securing amp rack to rear of trunk-dsc_0284.jpg  
Old 02-18-2012, 09:21 AM
TECH Veteran

Would like to know myself.. I'll be getting one soon.
Old 03-17-2012, 09:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

A bump for previousl asked question and a new one. I am going to replace the speaker wire from my amps in the hatch area to my speakers in the sail panels and doors. How are the speakers routed to the doors and about how much speaker wire should I get? My car is going to be put in the garage for a while so I want to get some work done on it. Thanks.
Old 03-17-2012, 10:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The subthump guy has a link showing how to mount his amp rack in an F-body. It should have been included in your papers that came with the rack. If you lost it, you can ask them for the link or PM me. He explicitly says on the paper not to publish it or he'll move it... no, I'm not kidding.

speaker wire to the doors... just run under the foot sills to the kick panels, and from there you can get to the rubber grommet things by the hinges. I think I had to take the hood release off of the drivers side. It's a little tricky getting the wires through the grommets but not too bad. I don't know exactly how much but it never hurts to have a cheap 300 ft spool of 16 ga from Monoprice laying around for any misc projects.

If you have external crossover modules for components in your doors, leave them under the dash. One can even fit under the little metal footrest on the drivers side. Anyways, don't put them inside the doors or they will just bounce around and get damaged or the wires can come loose.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:24 PM
TECH Regular

I will post pics of mine, I bought a piece of plywood from home depot, 7$, and will put it under the carpet and the screw the amp into it, I read someone else on here did it.
Old 03-22-2012, 05:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

I ordered my subthump years ago, the instructions are long gone, lol. If you are able to PM me instructions, I would appreciate it. I am thinking of putting my cross overs onto the amp rack since I am only using one amp. Even if I use a second again there is room for that and the cross overs.

Quick Reply: Securing amp rack to rear of trunk