Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Not happy w/ JBL door spkrs???

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 09:52 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not happy w/ JBL door spkrs???

I just replaced my front door speakers in my Firehawk or at least one side(left) with some JBL 608c component speakers and the one side i did does not have near the midrange/voice output or volume that the other side (stock) components has??? The new JBL's are 2ohm rated. I thought for sure they would be an improvement, but at this point i'm tempted to put my stockers back in.. Any reason for this???? I did not use the crossover supplied by jbl, i used the stock inline tweeter filter/crossover going to the new tweets and let the woofer roll off naturally. I guess the stockers are not so bad afterall???? Using the stock head unit (monsoon) IDEAS??
Old 04-04-2012, 03:36 PM
Teching In

Definitely use the crossovers supplied by the manufacturer. Also, they can take a lot more power (I'm sure) than what stock could. Give those puppies their own power source and I'm sure they will shine a lot better then they do right now.
Old 04-04-2012, 11:05 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by johnnyko12
Definitely use the crossovers supplied by the manufacturer. Also, they can take a lot more power (I'm sure) than what stock could. Give those puppies their own power source and I'm sure they will shine a lot better then they do right now.

Thanks for the advice, i may have to do that, was just trying to avoid it...
Old 04-05-2012, 08:50 AM
Teching In

yea, it definitely kind of stinks but its worth it. The first time I ever replaced the interior speakers in a car I was super pissed I did it. I got a handful of memphis coaxials and replaced the infinity stock stuff that came in my intrepid. The new speakers sounded worse than what I replaced and was big time upset since I spent a lot of money.

The guy at the shop convinced me to get an aftermarket amp instead of using the head unit and it was a huuuuge like night and day difference :-)

Quick Reply: Not happy w/ JBL door spkrs???