Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Monsoon wired with aux port?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 03:50 PM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Monsoon wired with aux port?

So I just discovered on the 00 Z28 I bought last week that someone wired an aux in to the Monsoon deck, with the input being placed in the center console. Now I'm assuming this thing had to work at some point otherwise whoever did it wouldn't have bothered with the wiring and mounting for the jack. So my question is, any idea how I'd get it to work? I press the aux button on the deck and nothing happens. It'd sure be nice to know if it works somehow so I can use my phone again!
Old 04-09-2012, 04:44 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Assuming they did this, you just gotta stick a CD in there and make it think it's playing that. If they wired everything up right, the act of plugging something into that jack should cut the CD out, and play whatever you plugged in.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:26 PM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well that didn't work, however I get an error when I load a CD and have to completely reset the HU by taking the fuse out just to eject the CD, so either the CD player is borked from "natural causes" or the wiring job screwed something up. Oh well, I'm going to try and install a headunit I have laying around anyways when I can get the wiring harness and mounting hardware, this woulda been nice in the mean time.