Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Rear Hatch Speaker Wiring Mess!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 10:30 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Hatch Speaker Wiring Mess!!

So recently this weekend I went ahead and took apart my door panels to see how the previous owner had the tweeters in my door and found they were wired up nicely with an Alpine Type-R 2 way crossover setup. I went ahead and found my right side door tweeter was blown so I need a new one. I always noticied I never had power in my rear hatch speakers. I went ahead to see what the deal with that was and look what I found! The right side speaker was not even hooked up except it appears to be stock & has the 2 prong connector. The wires coming off this whole wiring mess has a 4 prong connector on it I believe ( or it could be switched that the speaker has the 4 prong and the wiring mess has a 2 prong but either way ). Then it looks like it has that blue connector that may have been for what a stock amp or an aftermarket sub? I honestly have no idea I'm just on the quest to get all my speakers to work!!

There is the picture as you can see what I'm working. Cut and capped off wires everywhere! Mind you this whole wiring harness is not hooked up to anything and just will rattle inside the car.
Old 04-18-2012, 02:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

monsoon amp most likely..... Someone cut it out and had their own system in there if I had to guess. There is a sticky on the top of this forum with color matching to the harness that tells you what each wire supposed to be.

good luck
Old 04-18-2012, 02:56 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

or you can run a wire from those speakers to your amp, or headunit.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:29 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you saying wire the speakers straight to the headunit or splice them into some other wires?