Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

How did you mount your Stealth Box?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 10:51 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How did you mount your Stealth Box?

So I'm currently replacing my Subthump box from 2003 with a new Double D Mods box because it solves my Firebird fitment issues (interfering with T-Tops).

Anyway, this time I want to make sure it stays snug. Are people mounting their boxes in any way? Are you just relying on the trim piece to keep it in place?

My main concern is it not inching out and rubbing the T-Tops.

Last edited by TheHeadFL; 04-27-2012 at 11:17 PM.
Old 04-28-2012, 11:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

I didn't mount mind in any way, fits in pretty snug and the weight should keep it pretty well in place unless you whip the rear end out pretty hard, that may do it
Old 04-30-2012, 06:37 AM
On The Tree

Before I put the sub in the box I positioned the stealth box and then ran self tapping screws through the bottom of the box into the frame of the car.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:41 AM
Staging Lane

Mine fit pretty snug in the hole. If your worried about it moving out of place i'm sure some velcro would do the trick and not put any holes from screws.
Old 04-30-2012, 10:32 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my amp rack is holding mine in place. is was snug without it anyway.
Old 04-30-2012, 11:44 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by DSPDave
Before I put the sub in the box I positioned the stealth box and then ran self tapping screws through the bottom of the box into the frame of the car.
I did that the first time I installed my original subthump box, but I decided against it this time because it was terribly difficult to install the sub in the box with it sideways like that.

I ended up just leaving it in there snug against the hatch lid with the rear divider installed to keep the trim in place.

After I finish my body work I may figure out how to mount it better. I'm hoping to find a way that will let me install the sub in the box out of the car first.