Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

New Stereo shipped today!!!

Old 05-08-2012, 04:49 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Stereo shipped today!!!

I ordered a new stereo system yesterday from Double D Mods and its shipped out today. I cant wait to get it. I got the Kenwood DDX719 double din with bezel, the stealth box packaged with the Arc KS10 powered by a Kenwood X700.5 5 channel amp... Very pleased with Dennis at Double D for his help. I called yesterday right less than an hour before they closed and he got my order and had it shipped out today (except the bezel). Quick turn around time Dennis! Thanks and I can't wait untill it arrives! Hopefuly before I get home on Friday evening!!!

Does anyone have any of those parts that I have bought?
Old 05-08-2012, 05:31 PM
On The Tree

I have the kenwood 719 and it works awesome with my iPhone. Bluetooth is flawless and if you have the motion x gps drive app or the garmin app on your iPhone you can mirror it onto the screen and the sound comes through your speakers. Touch screen is really nice and precise. If you have the iPod cord all the info off your phone comes up on the screen. The phone works really good through the stereo, all phone contacts come up on screen, makes it easy and hands free. Really nice radio, if I had one complaint it would be the volume buttons are small, I think I'm gonna order the steering wheel control module from Dennis.
Old 05-15-2012, 07:48 PM
TECH Regular

Got the box today with all my stuff hopefully can get started on the install tonight and have it done tomorrow night will have pictures and review soon
Old 05-16-2012, 01:15 AM
TECH Regular

Dave how the hell did you get your 719 installed? I cannot for the life of me get this done... First had to trim some plastic behind the unit and now i can't figure out how to mount this thing to the car... It's irritating me!!! Double d sent me some l brackets that were too big so I trimmed them but now none of the holes line up
Old 05-16-2012, 07:01 AM
On The Tree

I just replied to your other thread but the plastic flat piece underneath the radio and above the heater controls needs cut out completely. The metal brackets will have to have new holes drilled in them to get the radio to sit right where you need it. I slid the radio in and let it sit flat on top of the heater controls and then marked for new holes on the brackets and redrilled them. I'm not a 100% sure this is exactly where the radio will sit until I get my new bezel but I think it's damn close. Once I get my bezel I will trial fit it and see if I need to move it up or down and if I do need to move it I'm going to just drill out the holes that are holding the radio in bigger so I have some movement up or down to adjust. Hope this helps.
Old 05-16-2012, 01:34 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

Not necessarily. I installed my Kenwood DNX5120 without removing the plastic lower tray.
Old 05-16-2012, 02:20 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
Not necessarily. I installed my Kenwood DNX5120 without removing the plastic lower tray.

The only other way to get the ddx719 in without cutting the bottom tray out would be to cut along the top which would cause the custom double din bezel not to fit. So to answer the original poster, yes you DO need to cut out the bottom plastic floor above the heater controls out to install a Kenwood DDX 719 double din head unit into a Trans Am using a DoubleD custom bezel.
Old 05-16-2012, 02:32 PM
TECH Regular

I first trimmed the angled plastic pieces on top and still no fit... So then yes I cut out the bottom tray and it then fit... I just need to get some better brackets so it's more stable. It is angled a littlest in going to font some bigger brackets
Old 05-16-2012, 02:47 PM
TECH Regular

Dave do you have a sub hooked to this stereo? I am hooking on up and the subwoofer prep it's are both black as opposed to one black one red... Do you know if there is some type of indicator?
Old 05-16-2012, 08:48 PM
On The Tree

It doesn't matter just plug the RCA cables in, the subs are mono not stereo so you don't have a right and left channel that's why there is no black and red.
Old 05-16-2012, 09:03 PM
On The Tree

Also on all the kenwoods if you take the wire that is supposed to go to the parking brake and wire it in with the grounds then your DVD's and other stuff off your iPod won't shut off once you start driving?
Old 05-17-2012, 03:13 AM
TECH Regular

Thanks I knew that wire trick lol I got it all in just need the bezel now!

Search this Thread