Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Power window help please

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 10:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Power window help please

I've basically gutted the car and am in the process of putting it back together. I've basically turned it into a drag car, roll cage, race seats, all the wiring harness from the dash, no heat, no ac, replaced guages, motor, trans, everything. So, the one thing I did keep was the power windows. All I want them to do is go up and down. I've gone through the schematic and I'm lost. There is this thing called the Power Window Control Module that it appears I have to have to make this work. Is that correct? I don't care about express up or express down, I just want to make the buttons that are there now make the window go up and go down. Here is the schematic I've been using. https://ls1tech.com/forums/attachmen...dow-module.gif
Old 05-23-2012, 02:38 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

You can eliminate the Power Windows Control Module by unplugging the module and connecting the brown wire in position D to the light blue wire in position E.
Old 05-24-2012, 06:58 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Do you still have the harness in place that connects the switches to the module and to the windows? If so, simply bypassing the module as WhiteBird00 points out is the path of least resistance. If you need to make a new harness that connects to the stock switches, that's a more complicated deal...
Old 05-25-2012, 01:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wssix99
Do you still have the harness in place that connects the switches to the module and to the windows? If so, simply bypassing the module as WhiteBird00 points out is the path of least resistance. If you need to make a new harness that connects to the stock switches, that's a more complicated deal...
The wires that go from the switch through the door are in place, but after they get through the door, that is where they end. There are two wires coming from the motor that from the schematic I've looked at, the brown wire runs to the module and the dark blue wire runs from the motor to the module (but has a offshoot from that same wire to the switch). I can see that the tan wire and the lt blue wire that is on the drivers side switch connect to the passenger side switch. The black wire on the drivers side switch is the ground. The grey wire and the brown wire on the drivers side switch run to the module. I don't care about the express down, so do these need to be connected to anything (those wires that run to the module). Again, the way I read the schematic, the dark blue wire from the motor can connect to the dark blue wire on the switch? Is this correct? That would only leave the brown wire from the motor and in the schematic it shows it connecting to the module also. Again, all I want to do is roll the window up and down, I don't care about the express down stuff. Can somebody help me with this please.
Old 05-25-2012, 08:16 PM
Save the manuals!

Originally Posted by SS125
The wires that go from the switch through the door are in place, but after they get through the door, that is where they end.
This is good. One last question. Do you want the driver's side passenger window switch to work or do you just want one switch on each side of the car to work?

Just to confirm you want all the switches to work as they did from the factory - but without the express down feature.
Old 05-25-2012, 08:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I would like all the switches to work but without the express down feature.
Old 05-25-2012, 10:13 PM
Save the manuals!

(You should test this before you crimp! I'm looking at my schematic and not actual wires in the car.)

Driver's side switch power:
Brown - Hot Power
Black - Ground

Driver's side motor connections:
DK Blue to Motor DK Blue
Grey to Motor Brown

Travelers from Driver's side switch to Passenger side switch:
LT Blue to LT Blue
Tan to Tan
Brown (from power connection) to Brown

Passenger's side motor connections:
DK Blue to Motor DK Blue
Brown to Motor Brown

So, its pretty much just matching some colors except for the driver's side motor, where you are taking the module out of the loop.

Quick Reply: Power window help please