Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

stealth ash tray ipod dock

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 10:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stealth ash tray ipod dock

just finish my ipod dock. turned the ash tray into the dock itself

Old 05-29-2012, 10:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

that is a nice idea, but i would break that the first time i drove it when i hit it during shifting. i have my amp/sub controller and my E-Cutout in there
Old 05-29-2012, 10:42 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by trans_am7935
that is a nice idea, but i would break that the first time i drove it when i hit it during shifting. i have my amp/sub controller and my E-Cutout in there
with my short shifter my arm just barely rubs it going into 2nd and 4th. it sits about as high as the ashtray lid when its open plus i dont use the ipod all the time. there definitely would be no problem at all if i was still running stock shifter. would be even better for the auto guys.

Last edited by kylerobison; 05-29-2012 at 10:48 PM.
Old 05-29-2012, 10:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

i have a GM9-AUX connected to the back of my Radio, and the cord comes out of there, i just plug it in to my MP3 player and set it in the cup holder, that way i can pick it up to look at it. i like it, but there is nothing wrong with yours either
Old 05-30-2012, 02:09 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by trans_am7935
i have a GM9-AUX connected to the back of my Radio, and the cord comes out of there, i just plug it in to my MP3 player and set it in the cup holder, that way i can pick it up to look at it. i like it, but there is nothing wrong with yours either
thats like what I do, but I have a pioneer radio so I have the aux cable coming from it to my mp3 player, I also keep my cell there (which is bluetoothed to the radio for handsfree), and when I don't have a drink with me they fit nicely right in the cup holder together.
Old 05-30-2012, 09:41 AM
Teching In

Good idea! almost looks like it was designed that way from the factory. When I get my pioneer double din ive been debating where to put the cables. Ive been thinking inside center console, but this might be a plus
Old 05-31-2012, 07:37 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by bajaboy501
Good idea! almost looks like it was designed that way from the factory. When I get my pioneer double din ive been debating where to put the cables. Ive been thinking inside center console, but this might be a plus
did a full day of driving with it today. never hit it once and i have the short stick installed. just thought id let people know . glad i did it

Quick Reply: stealth ash tray ipod dock