Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Double din won't fit?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 09:43 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Double din won't fit?!?!?

Just got my double din kenwood ddx719 today and it won't fit in the hole... What is the deal??
Old 05-16-2012, 12:16 AM
Teching In

Default stero

go to 6 liter eater and they have a double din kit
Old 05-16-2012, 12:32 AM
TECH Regular

I trimmed the plastics so the unit fits but the mounting brackets are fucked up... Now what? Got this from double d mods
Old 05-16-2012, 02:29 AM
TECH Regular

Well I got it in but it's crooked... See what I can do once the bezel gets here hopefully it will fit
Old 05-16-2012, 05:38 AM
On The Tree

Did you trim the plastic plate that was under the radio I had to to get my pioneer to sit right in the bezel
Old 05-16-2012, 06:43 AM
On The Tree

You have to cut out the plastic plate under the radio out to get it to fit right and then trim the metal brackets that DoubleD sent you on the sides so they fit properly. That hole was never designed for a double din so you have to get a little creative to make it fit. Once your bezel gets to you then you can do some finer adjustments to make it all fit perfect with the new bezel.
Old 05-16-2012, 06:48 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TRANSAM11
go to 6 liter eater and they have a double din kit
He didnt say the bezel doesn't fit, he said the radio didn't fit in the hole. A double din kit from 6 liter eater has nothing to do with that. The double din kit from 6 liter is a new bezel that fits around the double din radio, just like the one he already ordered from DoubleD.
Old 05-16-2012, 09:34 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Originally Posted by bones_c
I trimmed the plastics so the unit fits but the mounting brackets are fucked up... Now what? Got this from double d mods
she might have grabbed the Camaro brackets. I am sorry. They look very similar and we ship out 20 or so kits a day so easy mistake on our end and not intentional.

You must as Dave pointed out cut out the mounting cage area to allow for the double din to fit into the car.

Call me as well if you need help

Its not something where you can just slide the radio into the car. You will have to to do some cutting to allow for the double din to fit
Old 05-16-2012, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by DSPDave
He didnt say the bezel doesn't fit, he said the radio didn't fit in the hole. A double din kit from 6 liter eater has nothing to do with that. The double din kit from 6 liter is a new bezel that fits around the double din radio, just like the one he already ordered from DoubleD.
Thanks Dave
Old 05-16-2012, 10:49 AM
TECH Regular

I ended up getting it in last night after many frustrations as is obvious. Sorry about that lol it should work for now untill I get the bezel and then I'll have to go get some more brackets because I cut the ones received all to hell. I did have to cut the tray and the tabs on top as I found in another search now I just need to install the amp and sub tonight. Should be no problem as I ran RCA and remote already... Is there a certain positive and negative on the sub pre out for this unit? Both the terminals are black with no such markings. I guess it's hit or miss?
Old 05-16-2012, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by bones_c
I ended up getting it in last night after many frustrations as is obvious. Sorry about that lol it should work for now untill I get the bezel and then I'll have to go get some more brackets because I cut the ones received all to hell. I did have to cut the tray and the tabs on top as I found in another search now I just need to install the amp and sub tonight. Should be no problem as I ran RCA and remote already... Is there a certain positive and negative on the sub pre out for this unit? Both the terminals are black with no such markings. I guess it's hit or miss?
reffer to your user manual more more wiring info

we will send you some more brackets with the bezel
Old 05-16-2012, 02:34 PM
TECH Regular

I did look at the manual and I couldn't find anything will look again in a few hours though
Old 05-16-2012, 04:14 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

RCA cables don't have positive and negative since both are carried by the coaxial cable. The center conductor is positive and the outer shield is negative.
Old 05-16-2012, 04:26 PM
TECH Regular

Oh I did not know that... So it doesn't matter which way they hook up? I know usually you would go red to red and black to black but the preput has two black outports
Old 05-16-2012, 04:28 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

The two RCA ports must be for two different connections or speakers because each port has the necessary positive and negative for a single connection.

EDIT: I just looked at the owner/installation manual for the DDX719 and it appears that it is set up to accept two sub outputs on the cable with the dual RCA jacks. For a single sub you can use either one - they are both monaural pre-amp signal.

Last edited by WhiteBird00; 05-16-2012 at 04:37 PM.
Old 05-16-2012, 07:07 PM
Staging Lane

Have some pictures of what your problem was? I'm debating going double din
Old 05-16-2012, 07:24 PM
TECH Regular

So I only need to plug in one cable? Not both of them? Now I am really confused lol

The problem I had is that the double din was too tall to fit in the hole for the stock stereo... There are little plastic "fins" on the top of the hole directly under the vents that needed to be cut down and the plastic tray on the bottom needed to be cut out. Once that was out of the way and te unit fit I had to use some L brackets to physically mount the unit to the car... I will be getting some brackets that are larger in order to accept all four screws instead of only two as well once the bezel arrives from double d. Double d mods is a great business to buy from as Dennis helped me out with everything the only problems I had are on my end so don't think that it is on the business side that things got fucked up!
Old 05-17-2012, 06:48 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Two cables? If you have a single sub connected to a single monaural amp then you should only have one RCA cable. If you're using a stereo amp for your sub then you would have left and right input RCA cables in which case you can plug in both. It doesn't matter because both get the same mono signal.
Old 05-17-2012, 12:38 PM
TECH Regular

It's good I got it working
Old 05-18-2012, 01:40 AM
TECH Regular

Dave do u use the garmin navigation app? I bought the damn thing but it won't display on the screen pretty upset about spending money and it not working

Quick Reply: Double din won't fit?!?!?